Chapter 8

(Trigger warning: there will be suicidal thoughts and self harm in this story, please do not read if it will affect you negatively, if you want to know what happened in this chapter you can comment or message me and I will tell you everything that happened, leaving the suicidal stuff out.)

I do not own the vampire diaries in any way shape or form

Elena's POV

I've lost track of time, I haven't left my room ever since... ever since I killed John. It's still hard for me to say, even in my head. I'm the reason everyone I love dies. My mom and dad died because I was selfish and wanted to go to that stupid party.

Jenna died because she thought I was in danger and sprung into action only to be turned into a vampire and sacrificed by Klaus. John died because... because I killed him.

When I was younger my parents used to tell me I was a gift from god. They were wrong of course, they failed to realize I was a curse, and now I've murdered the only parent I had left. John's death is on repeat in my head.

He was walking home when suddenly he saw a wolf. Somehow he recognized me.

'Elena? Is that you?' he had said to me.

My wolf body had tensed up at the sound of his voice.

He slowly approached me and I let him. He patted my head and I snuggled his leg. After a minute or so I stood up and walked, I paused and looked at him as if I was telling him to come with me.

He understood the message and followed after me. I was taking him to the graveyard where my parents lay at rest. That's when it happened, I became blind with rage and blood-thirsty. I paused and turned to him and started growling at him.

'Elena, control it. You can do it.' he had said, starting to back off.

I slowly approached him like I was stalking my prey. I was praying that he would run away. He had started to run away from me, but I was faster. I was toying with him before I killed him. I stopped him in the forest and attacked.

'Elena, I love you. No matter what you do I will always love you, remember that for me, okay?'

That was the last thing I heard from him as I ripped him into pieces.  

Sometimes I wonder what he was thinking at that moment... Killed by the daughter who he loved. What a twisted fate for John. I never liked him in the beginning, but over time after I found out he was my biological father we bonded and I grew to love him.

I haven't had blood ever since that day, no one has bothered to check on me and I'm grateful for it, maybe now I can desiccate and never cause any more death. I'm in pain every passing moment now. I don't have enough energy to stand or even sit up straight.

I can feel my veins rubbing together, struggling to get what little blood that's left in my system. Suddenly the door opened so quietly I almost missed it. I struggled to open my eyes to see who was at my door.

No one's POV

It had been 2 weeks since Elena killed her biological father. The night Rebekah came from Elena's room she told Klaus and Elijah that Elena wanted to be left alone and that they should respect her wishes. They were currently preparing the house for the ball that happened to be tomorrow.