Chapter 12

3rd person POV

"Elena?" Klaus breathed, confusion clear in his voice.

The girl was looking around the room in amazement like she had never seen anything like it before, when she saw Klaus she tilted her head. The girl got up, her legs were shaking and she took 2 steps towards Klaus before she fell to the ground. It was as if she had never used them before. She looked at her legs, confused. Her eyes went wide, her face was of shock and confusion. She started looking at her arms and legs like she had made some kind of huge discovery.

"Elena are you okay?" Caroline asked.

The girl looked at Caroline, fear was clear in the girl's face.

"What's wrong with her?" Stefan asked, moving towards the girl.

The girl's eyes turned golden and her fangs extended, getting ready to attack if he got closer. Stefan stopped in his tracks and backed up. Klaus started walking towards the girl since he wouldn't be affected if she bit him. Her face went back to normal, showing that she was comfortable around Klaus. She was looking at him with amazement and wonder. The girl reached her left hand up, attempting to touch him. That's when Klaus grabbed her left hand and flipped it over, looking at her palm.

"She's not Elena." Klaus growled gripping her hand tightly.

The girl winced a little from the pain, but didn't try to attack, she just looked at him with curiosity on her face.

"What? Of Course that's Elena, she's the only doppelganger that's a hybrid." Damon announced.

"Apparently not." Klaus said, dropping down to the girl's level.

"Who are you?" Klaus asked.

She just looked at him, not replying. She attempted to touch his face again, but Klaus grabbed her other hand, stopping her.

"We should clean her up and get her some clothes, then we can question her." Rebekah announced.

"Let's get you cleaned up." Rebekah said in a soft voice approaching the girl with her hand held out.

The girl's eyes searched Rebekah, over and over again. She hesitantly took Rebekah's hand. Rebekah helped her up off the ground, the girl's legs started shaking again. She was about to fall when Caroline caught her, she tensed a little but then relaxed, realizing Caroline wasn't a threat to her. Rebekah and Caroline led the girl into the bathroom. Rebekah had asked the girl if she knew how to clean herself, the girl just stood there as if she had no idea what they were saying. They decided to clean her themselves, which did not seem to bother the girl.

"You're sure that's not Elena?" Kol asked.

"If it was Elena she would've had the mark of the soulmate bond on her hand." Klaus said, shaking his head.

"If she's not Elena, then who the hell is she?" Damon asked.

"That's what I would like to know." Klaus replied.

Caroline and Rebekah brought the girl out of the bathroom, she was spotless, and she was wearing Elena's clothes. They sat her down on the couch and her eyes drifted straight to Klaus.