Part 11

Summary: Harry has been challenged in a wizard's duel by Malfoy, but Ron accepts it on Harry's behalf. After making it clear that he wasn't happy with how Ron failed to consider Harry's feelings on the matter, Y/N accompanies them to the duel but Malfoy didn't show up. They ran into a Cerberus and somehow managed to befriend it thanks to Y/N.

It was nearing the end of the second week of school. Y/N had more or less taken on the role of being the motherly figure for the boys in the quintet while being like an elder brother to Hermione.

He woke the boys up to ensure they went to the Great Hall in time for breakfast. Perhaps Ron was now one of the easiest to wake up as Y/N only had to mention food to get the redhead to get up and start running for the shower.

He and Hermione often took down notes in class and explained in a simplified way to Harry, Ron and Neville. Harry still wasn't getting stellar grades, but was better than Ron and Neville.

Y/N had also more or less gotten an idea about each of their favourite subjects. Harry and Ron liked Flying lessons the most with Potions being their most dreaded or rather, hated. Not that Y/N could blame them since he had to say that Professor Snape was always mocking them.

Harry was relatively alright with History of Magic but he showed little to no interest in it.

Neville only liked Herbology the best and feared Potions the most. But otherwise he wasn't exactly passing his subjects.

Hermione did her best to excel in all the subjects and often prided herself in her knowledge and intelligence. She and Y/N always did their homework first before anything else.

As for Ron, he was always either delaying his homework or never doing it at all. If there was anything that he was interested in, it was flying and chess. He barely touched on his homework and got slightly better grades than Neville. But nonetheless, they were still abysmal grades.

Thankfully, Y/N was there to help the boys with their homework and remind them about their deadline for work submission. Hermione also reminded them about having to do their homework almost endlessly to the point that Ron complained about it.

Y/N and Harry happened to stumble upon the kitchens while they were exploring the castle during the first week. The house elves were overjoyed to see them and gave both of them plenty of food to the point that Y/N had to maximize the space in his lunchbox to accommodate the amount.

Harry had reluctantly told Y/N that he had been starving back in the Muggle world and that his family was struggling financially only after Y/N confronted him. Internally, Y/N didn't believe Harry about his family's financial issue but he promised Harry that he would do what he could to help him to return to a normal diet. And that was how Y/N started formulating a meal plan for Harry to follow with the help of Hermione.

"Y/N, were you the one who shrunk my clothes down? And... and my clothes are all mended...!" Harry exclaimed in awe as he held up his clothes. Harry had discovered that his oversized hand-me-down clothes shrunk down to fit his figure whenever he put them on and that the holes in them were all gone. It was almost as good as new if not for the fact that they used to belong to that greedy pig of a cousin.

Harry turned to Y/N, who only shrugged nonchalantly and gave a cryptic smile. To Y/N's surprise, Harry started crying as he launched into a hug. Y/N couldn't help but smile as he spent the next 15 minutes patting Harry's back to calm him down.

Y/N was very patient, but his patience was certainly dwindling whenever their group bumped into Malfoy and his goons along the corridors. Having to constantly tell the boys not to react to the jeers as well as trying to dissuade Malfoy from provoking them was tough, seeing that Malfoy was willing to do and say anything to get Harry and Ron to strike first before getting the chance to retaliate in the name of self-defense.