Part 12

Note: This is not a Hermione x Male Y/N fanfic. I understand that there were hints that Hermione has a crush on him, but the male reader will only see her as a close friend or a sister. And I haven't decided whether to pair the male reader with one of the other characters or not. And if I do, it will be a boy. As much as I like the idea of a Hermione x Y/N or Daphne x Y/N story, I have a preference for LGBTQ+ relationships as compared to straight couples.

(Sorry to those who added this book to Hermione x Reader reading lists or thought that this was a Hermione x Reader fanfiction, but I don't want Y/N to be in a relationship with Hermione.) And now, on with the story!

Summary: Soon after being attacked by a few Ravenclaws, the incident that resulted in the near-death of Y/N in an ambush carried out five older Gryffindor boys shocked the entire school.

Y/N stayed at the infirmary for five more days before he was deemed fully recovered to resume his lessons. While staying at the infirmary, he read through his books and did his work to pass time. Y/N would also occasionally talk to Madam Pomfrey, who was becoming quite fond of him.

He really missed his two familiars but for now, he needed to control his urge to rush back to the Gryffindor tower and instead, head to the classroom for Charms.

"Y/N! You're finally back!" Hermione went flying into his arms the moment she saw him entering the classroom.

"Yes, I'm back." Y/N returned the hug and saw Harry, Ron and Neville heading their direction.

"Y/N! How are you feeling?" Harry asked as he too, hugged Y/N. Not tightly like Hermione, but more like a bro-like hug.

"Great. By the way, how are your studies?" Y/N asked. At this question, Ron pulled a face and turned away. Harry shifted his glance while Neville looked a little uncomfortable.

"The boys were worried out of their minds and they kind of... no, their grades went down when you aren't around to teach them." Hermione was also looking away uncomfortably.

"They prefer your explanations, apparently." She continued, still avoiding Y/N's gaze. It was pretty much anyone's guess that Hermione's attempts in trying to get the boys to show some interest in their schoolwork failed somehow.

"I see that you're out of the hospital wing, Liebert." came a familiar voice from behind. Y/N whirled around, his eyes widened upon seeing Malfoy and his usual goons Crabbe and Goyle standing behind him.

"What do you want now, Malfoy?" Ron scowled. Malfoy's face immediately curled into an expression of scathing and disgust while Crabbe and Goyle remained expressionless.

"None of your business, Weasley." Malfoy sneered. Sensing an argument was about to stir up soon, Y/N quickly cut in before Ron could throw in an insult or two.

"Alright, you two really need to stop. Lessons are starting soon, so let's drop this and get ready for lessons." Ron clicked his tongue in irritation and stalked off to his seat. Harry followed him and sat beside Seamus Finnegan while Hermione sat next to Ron.

"Either way, I'm glad to see that you're alright." Malfoy dropped his voice so that only Y/N could hear as he passed the raven-haired boy. Y/N gave a respectful nod before the two parted ways and went to their seats.

"I'm glad to see that you've fully recovered, Mr Liebert!" Professor Flitwick beamed when he saw Y/N sitting beside Harry.

"Yes, thank you, Professor Flitwick." Y/N replied.