Ch.26 An Unchanged Fate

"PSYCHIC!"

Jimin's eyes shot open as he yelled out what it was that he had forgotten. It was Psychic. She came. 

However, a throbbing pain that shot through his abdomen at the sudden movement made him flinch and Jimin felt a hand on his arm. That's when he realized that he wasn't at that place anymore. The plains where he was about to get killed. He was in a hospital. The white-washed walls, the distinct scent of the disinfectant that entered his nostril, and the monitor at the sides made a constant beeping sound signaling his pulse rate.

"Jimin, are you awake? Oh, thank god!" The falsetto voice of his elder brother made him turn his head to the side.

"H-Hyung?" Jimin uttered out, his voice was unsteady as he squinted his eyes from the drowsiness.

"Jimin, tell me what happened. Who did this to you?" Seokjin pointed towards the bullet wound in his abdomen, a hint of anger and worry laced in his tone.

Jimin didn't reply. He didn't want to worry him. Seokjin seemed to know exactly what he was thinking. "So you were telling me the truth that day when you told me that someone was trying to kill you?" He asked.

Jimin did not reply. He was already involved with something he shouldn't have. He doesn't want his brother to be dragged into this mess. A frustrated exhale, "Jimin, please. I need to know. What's happening? One second I'm at the restaurant managing my business and the next I get a text from some unknown number telling me that you are here."

So Psychic was the one who had contacted his brother. Then she must be the one who brought him there. Jimin's eyes shot to his brother's. "Who brought me here?"

"I was about to ask you that! Who brought you here? Were they the ones who did this to you?"

Jimin immediately shook his head. "No. They were the ones who saved me. Did you check the hospital records? The information must be in there."

Seokjin shook his head as defeatedly as if he had already tried it. "I looked through it. It said someone named Y/n admitted you here but I think it's fake. The address and the phone number listed in that doesn't even exist." He explained.

Of course. Typical Psychic behavior. Jimin exhaled defeatedly.

What aggravated him the most was that she had finally come to him in person, risking her identity and he didn't even see her. Jimin cursed under his breath over and over again. Why couldn't he have tried to see her? Why did he have to be so weak? Why didn't he try even more?

He hung his head down.

"Who is it Jimin? I feel like you know something." Seokjin's stern voice broke him out of his trance. Jimin suddenly looked around the bed for his phone and then he remembered that he had lost it. Sticking a hand with the IV drip towards his brother Jimin asked, "Can I have your phone?"

"Are you trying to text that unknown number? I already tried. There was no reply." Seokjin replied.

"Just give it to me." Jimin pressed and Seokjin gave in as he took his phone from his pocket and held it towards his brother. Jimin snatched it from his brother's hand and scrolled through the messages to the familiar unknown number. Turning away from his brother, he typed in a message.

Me
Psy_

Message was deleted.

Me
Princes
It was you.

Jimin waited for a reply. He wasn't sure she would reply. He had used the nickname just in case to let her know it was him. A moment later there was a reply.

Unknown
Yeah

Me
I didnt see you

Seen at 3:45 pm

Unknown is typing... 

Unknown
Figured from the way u were trying to pull me down to ur face
Its better this way
You dont have to see me

Me
But

Me
You finally came

Unknown
Just focus on ur recovery for now

Seen

Jimin did not have a reply. It felt as if she was shutting off again. She had finally come to trust him and now... they were back to square one.

Unknown
And Park Jimin

Me
Yeah

Unknown
Im sorry i couldnt make it in time

Unknown logged off

Sorry?

She was feeling guilty about not reaching there in time. He could tell. He just hoped she didn't blame herself for it too. If anyone, he was the one to be blamed. Jimin hung his head down again. The disappointment of not being able to see her surfacing again and he groaned as he gave the phone back to his brother after deleting the conversation. He could have seen her. It could have been different.

You were never supposed to meet me Park Jimin.

Her words lingered. But she said it was changing his fate. 

She lied. His fate never changed.

Or maybe I am never meant to meet her.