Bonus

Jimin stood at the rooftop of Grand Regalia as he watched the city down below. A soft sad sigh escaped his lips as a hot evening breeze brushed his long blonde bangs away from his face and caressed his cheeks.

Today was a special day for it was the day that his parents had departed from the world in a car accident about 20 years ago. 

Jimin was always so preoccupied with his life that he no longer thought about the fact that they were gone. It was better that way for the thought of their absence wasn't a cheerful one. Though he knew that it wasn't his fault nor he couldn't control what happened in his past, he just couldn't help that dull tug on his heart every time he thought about them.

Where were they now?

In heaven?

Are they happy there?

If they could see him, would they be proud?

Another sad sigh slipped past his lips. There was no use in wondering about it. Not when he could never get his answers. Because they were gone...

And they couldn't answer back.

Jimin's memories of his parents were hazy. Every time he tried to recall them vague echoes of their voices, undecipherable silhouettes, and indistinct smiles flashed through his mind but he could not quite recall them very well. Well, except for one song.

A female voice used to sing to him every night and it was the only memory he could ever recall so clearly as if it were only yesterday that he had heard the song. His brother had told him that it was his mother's lullaby that she sang to them every night but Jimin could never recall her face though her voice was etched into his mind as clear as day.

It was on days like these that his thoughts strayed to that day on the Mapo bridge and the blue waters that lay stretched beneath it. The night he had tried to end it all. He had been building his resolve for over four years and that day he had finally found enough courage to go to the bridge, climb to the other side of the railing and stare down at the deep blue depths of the river, the river that would have eventually become the cause of his imminent death. 

His fingers were gripping the biting cold of the metal railing and the chilly night air had brushed him against his skin, beckoning him to let go, to end it all and he squeezed his eyes shut and heaved a deep breath ready to release the grip of the railing when...

He heard the whistle.

Someone whistled a slow soft whistle, the same melody of his mother's lullabies, and immediately memories of their smiles flashed across his mind, indistinct echoes of laughter came from the depths of his subconscious and then the image of his brother. The only living family he had left.

Guilt suddenly gripped his heart. What was he doing?

Was he going to abandon his brother like that? Without even a proper final goodbye?

How could he be so heartless to leave him behind when all his brother had done his entire life was to ignore his pains and look after him. Jimin didn't know when the tears began but once they started they wouldn't stop. The night air chilled the warm hot drops against his cheeks and his courage crumbled. 

The song had crushed his resolve.

Come to think of it, his brother must know what day it is too. Seokjin never spoke to him much about them. He always pretended like he never cared but Jimin knew that Seokjin was only pretending. He knew that he must hurt more than him since he knew them longer than Jimin. He had known about his secret trips to the cemetery which he hid from Jimin. He always tried to act cheerful on those days but Jimin knew better. Seokjin was always the kind of person who would rather hide his pains.