Ch.24 Battle of Wits

Jimin was unceremoniously thrown inside a black SUV with so much force that his head hit against the door. Grunting out in pain, he had just enough time to register what was going on when four men entered the vehicle from either side, two trapping him in the middle as the other two got on the front seat with triumphant grins, flashing their yellowing teeth at him. What are they doing? Where are they taking me?

"Finally, got you Park Ji-min." The one in the front seat sneered, shooting a victorious smirk his way. Jimin's eyes widened in horror. He knew who they were. Crimson.

"STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN-Mmmphh!"

A dirty hand was clamped against his mouth once again. "Shut up! You lit'le f***er! You thought you could run away from the Master?"

What Master? Jimin wanted to ask but the hand was just too forcefully pressed against his mouth that he couldn't even get out a single sound. He looked around the van in panic.

They had caught him. What would he do now? The ominous text of Psychic played in his mind.

By the looks of it, they're after your head.

Were they going to kill him? Dread surged through him and his stomach knotted in painful twists.

Calm down, calm down Jimin. Deep breaths... don't panic.

Jimin closed his eyes trying to calm down his racing hearts. It seemed as if his heartbeats only intensified as time went on. It was useless. He opened his eyes as the engine turned on and the van took off from the side of the road. He looked around the car once again. What are the chances that he could beat them in a fight?

Four muscle men against him. Zero.

He couldn't fight. He was not trained in that department. Okay Jimin, don't panic now. Think.

He couldn't beat them in a physical fight. Then there was only one other choice.

Beat them in a battle of wits.

Jimin narrowed his eyes as he observed the car. The men were all huge and sturdy, sure, but they didn't seem to possess any weapons. He looked at the doors. They were locked but the lock seemed old, grimy, and a little loose. If he tugged at them hard enough, it might come loose.

He closed his eyes again and took a deep breath. A mental image of the car played at the back of his eyelids as if they were etched in them. He needed a plan. A well-thought-out plan.

Slowly Jimin let himself relax. His muscles were still stiff and the adrenaline kept his body on high alert, ready to spring into action at the first sign of trouble. He clenched his fists and did the deep breathing exercises he had learned in his yoga classes. Then, suddenly as if hit by something, he kicked the man at his side, trying to yell out despite the hand on his mouth. The man on the left agitated by his sudden movement struck his elbow against his face with such force that Jimin fainted immediately to the right and on to the other man.

"Yo! Take it easy. Master said he wanted him intact."

"Not anymore," The man on the left smirked. "We have permission to kill."

The guy in the front seat snorted in amusement as he turned back to look at their victim. "It was that easy? You should have just done that from the beginning, Kangsoo."

Kangsoo shrugged, "Didn't think he would be stupid enough to put up a fight. After all, he knows how our Master works."

"Hmm," The man in the front seat hummed in agreement. "He has some guts to try and trick our master. Stinking r*t!" He spat out at the unconscious form of Park Ji-min lying on top of the Wooyoung. Wooyoung pushed his limp form away from himself with a disgusted grunt. Kangsoo took back the hand he still had on Jimin's mouth and stretched his cramped arms above his head. "This little rat sure knows how to put up a fight."

"Ah, what was that Kangsoo? Are you admitting that this little thing got you?" The man in the front seat teased with a smirk.

"As if! This thing ain't close enough to be my match. You should know that Malto. Remember how you begged at my shoes after I punched the daylights outta you that day?"

The man, Malto, gritted his teeth, "Say that again f***er!" He threatened.

"Whatcha gonna do 'bout it, a******?!" Kangsoo sneered.

"HEY! SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! Or do you want me to report you to Hoseok?" The driver spat out and the two men shriveled into their seats glowering at each other. It was evident from the way the men obeyed that the driver was someone with power. Powerful enough to call their master by his name.

"How much longer till we reach there, Haemin?" Wooyoung piped up from behind.

"I have let the guys know. Another set will take him from there. We're gonna meet them in the middle, by the bridge." The driver, Haemin replied as he looked back at the road.

They were traveling through some isolated woods. One couldn't really call it the woods as the trees were sparse, and dried up the grass was all that could be seen for miles. The afternoon sun shone in through the windshield and Haemin held a hand above his forehead to keep the glare out of his eyes.

And then, out of nowhere, there was a heavy THUD and grunt of pain. 

"ARRGH!"  

A/n:  *Cracks knuckles* 

It's time.