Pregnancy Chronicle- 1) A Baby!

**One year after Eda and Serkan's marriage**

Eda and Serkan had a week long anniversary stay at Ibiza. During their stay, they had basked under the beach sun, participated in water sports like snorkeling, surfing and water skiing. Meanwhile during night, they partied like mad teenagers and had couple of romantic dinners. One thing for sure, during their Ibiza stay they had made loads of love to eachother whether it was day or night.

Three weeks later... At Eda and Serkan's apartment house, 3:00 AM in the night; Eda found herself craning her neck over the toilet emptying her stomach. Serkan stood beside her, preventing her silky lustrous brown hair from falling over her face by holding it in one hand. While with the other hand, he gently stroked her back.

Eda after emptying her stomach, rinsed her mouth and washed her face and hands in the sink. Serkan passed her a towel to dry herself before drawing her to a hug. He burrowed his face in her Crook of neck while she nestled her face against his chest. They stayed like that for sometime before pulling apart from the hug.

"Are you feeling fine?", Serkan asked placing a kiss on Eda's forehead.

"Don't worry Askim, I'm feeling fine now." Eda replied looking him in the eye. Her heart melted on hearing his voice full of concern.

"No Eda, this is the third time you puked in the last two days.", Serkan pointed out, before continuing, "It must have been due to the Sushi we had few days back. The raw fish in it must have done the job, added to the fact that you eat raw fish very rarely."

"Hmm.. I feel so too.", Eda answered in a distant voice.

While Serkan was presenting his theory, Eda's mind had been working on a whole different theory the whole time. Eight weeks back, she had stopped taking her birth control pills because she was completely sure of herself and Serkan that they were already in that stage of their relationship where they were ready to welcome a baby.
Their own baby. The thought of bearing a baby inside her and become a parent with Serkan made her mind squeal in joy. On thinking well, she also discovered to have missed her period four weeks back, which aligned very well with her theory.

Eda's mind were full of those thoughts as Serkan escorted her out of the washroom to their bed. He poured her a glass of water and settled her on the bed before leaving for the kitchen to grab something for her to eat.

While Serkan was in the kitchen, Eda couldn't help herself from thinking about becoming a parent and she knew it very well that she won't be able to stop thinking about it until she welcomed her baby to the world and became a parent for real. She also made up her mind that she would inform Serkan only when she was completely sure of being pregnant.

While drinking water, Eda pictured Serkan's surprised, joyful reaction when she would tell him about being pregnant with his baby. A few minutes later, Serkan entered their bedroom with a plate of Apple slices and a bowl full of dry fruits.

Serkan climbed on the bed and stayed awake alongside Eda as she munched on her very late night snack. He managed to convince her to take a leave from work the next day and take rest before they fell asleep in each other's arms

When Eda woke up next morning, it was already mid-day. She found a bedside note written by Serkan in his elegant free-flowing handwriting. It read:

Good morning!

I hope you are feeling as fresh as a flower when you wake up. I left without waking you up as I thought you deserved more rest after yesterday's exhausting night. I have left pancakes for you in the refrigerator.