Pregnancy Chronicle- 5) Telling Family

This chapter picks up one week after the previous chapter ended, where they decided on their baby's name. Eda is 11 weeks pregnant.

It was a warm Wednesday morning and a crowd of four people found themselves having breakfast under open sky. Eda and Serkan were invited to Aydan's house for breakfast that day. They along with Seyfi, talked about their new house and house warming party during breakfast. The young couple hadn't been able to spend much time with them recently.

After breakfast, it was time for Eda and Serkan to leave for their work.

"Eda, I want to talk with you. In private.", Aydan emphasized on the last words.

"Tamam-Annem, we can talk. Serkan why don't you wait for me by the car.", Eda decided, though she was a little suspicious and curious of what her mother-in-law wanted to talk, in private.

Serkan nodded and Seyfi went along with him to wait by the car. Meanwhile, Aydan led Eda to a bench hidden by bushes, not very far from where they were having their breakfast.

"Is everything alright, Annem?", Eda asked. A minute had already passed since they were sitted on the bench, but her mother-in-law only seemed to examine her wordlessly from head to toe.

"Tell me Eda.", Aydan finally spoke, she looked up to meet Eda's eyes and asked, "Are you pregnant?", Her voice and eyes seemed hopeful and thoughtful at the same time.

"But how...", Eda trailed off, taken aback by the fact that her mother-in-law discovered her pregnancy.

"That means you are! You are pregnant!", Aydan exclaimed cheerily. Tears beginning to roll down her cheeks freely.

"Evet! Annem, I'm pregnant.", Eda confirmed. Her own eyes beginning to pool, as she saw her mother-in-law succumb to tears, with a soft smile gracing the older woman's face.

"Ahh-Eda! I'm so happy for you and Serkan. You will become such a beautiful and sweet family...", Aydan's voice got stuck in her throat, between her sobs, and Eda pulled her into a hug. Aydan and Eda continued to weep on each other's shoulder. Before Aydan spoke again,"I'm going to be a Grandma!", She exclaimed as if realisation finally hit upon her.

"Evet, you will become a Grandma and a very good one.", Eda assured her mother-in-law, while caressing her back. She then asked, "But how did you find out about my pregnancy?"

Aydan and Eda, pulled out of the hug. Aydan then, took Eda's hands in her and spoke, "Well... You can say it as mother's intuition. Afterall I had given birth twice. I was able to take in all those little changes in you and around you when I saw you this morning."

"Ohh-Like for example?", Eda asked. Curiousness taking over her.

"Well- You are glowing for example, and not to mention that you are looking even more beautiful and ethereal.", Aydan said proudly, making her daughter-in-law blush fiercely. She continued, "The veins of your hands have also become superficial. So, I just made my guess taking all this changes in account. And not to forget, about the new house which you are moving into, that house just seems perfect for a family."

"Hmm... Some sharp vision you have got.", Eda agreed.

"But the most obvious one was offcourse Serkan." Aydan announced.