An Odyssey Part-2

The whole of Artlife was empty except for the conference room where a few chairs were occupied by Eda, Melo and Ceren. The rest of the employees who worked at the Artlife had already left because their professional life demanded them to attend their boss's wedding.

Eda was wearing a high neck, full sleeve black dress with her long legs completely exposed. She had light makeup on and her hair fell freely on her back.

Eda had decided to drown herself in work as a remedy to avoid thinking about Serkan and his marriage with Selin. Once again her friends were great company as for the last 5 hours they didn't allow Eda to think about anything else other than work.

The Sun had already set. Both Melo and Ceren had done their quota of work for the day.

"Eh Dada, I am done for the day shall we leave now?" Melo asked while stretching her hands over her head.

Eda looked up from dossiers and said, "Yes Melo you can leave, I will come home later my work is almost finished."

"Them we can wait for you Eda trust me it's no trouble for us." Ceren said to Eda waho was sitting across the long table facing Melo.

"Kizlar! I will be fine don't worry about me. I will join you at my hala's house within an hour." Eda said to both of her friends.

Melo and Ceren tried to protest but somehow Eda managed to convict them to leave.

When Eda was sure that both Ceren and Melo had left the office premises, she withdrew herself from work and began to think about what a cruel game fate was playing with her.

Serkan was getting married to Selin and thought that she was left all alone. Never would she be able to oust Serkan from her heart and nor would she ever fall in love with someone else.

Eda thought about their..

Their fake engagement party... Antalya... Serkan confessing, "I have fallen madly in love with you."... Serkan buying her a star... Serkan telling her that he had bought an house and office in Rome so that she wouldn't miss him while finishing her studies in Italy... Serkan acting courteously to her when he thought that she was pregnant... Serkan's proposal to Eda in that dim lighted cafe... Their real engagement at her hala's house...
Serkan rescuing her from goons... Serkan promising her on their wedding day taht he would get back before the wedding and that they would grow old together.

All these memories meant so much to her but Serkan doesn't remember any. He had broken every promise he had made to her. He had hurt her beyond words. He didn't remember her. He didn't love her anymore.
He didn't get back on the eve of their wedding day. They wouldn't grow old together.

All these thoughts made Eda lose control over self as she finally broke down to tears fearing a life without Serkan by her side.

Serkan meanwhile pulled upfront Artlife and got out of his car. He was struck in traffic which meant that it took him three hours to reach the office instead of just one. He was getting a lot of calls so, he had switched off his phone while being struck in traffic.

Serkan soon entered an dim lighted Artlife. Eda must have left he thought but decided to check the whole office anyway.

When he entered through the yellow doorway he saw that all the lights in conference room were turned on. He quietly entered the conference room and the sight he saw on entering mad his heart sink.

There was Eda sobbing with her face buried in fingers. He couldn't give her any more pain. He had never wanted to. He never wanted her to weep or shed even a single tear because of him but now here she was looking completely broken and helpless because of him.