An Odyssey Part-4

Eda upon entering her hala's house was bombarded by questions:

..."Who was he?"..."Did you move on Eda? Ohh I'm so happy?"..."Do we know him Dada?"..."Will you meet again?"...and so, on and on they went...

The questions from Ayfer, Melo, Ceren and Fifi didn't seem to end. It was clear now that Melo had told her friends and hala about Eda having evening snacks with an old University friend near the embankment.

"Kizlar! Hala!" Eda said raising her left hand in the air. It seemed to have worked because now all of them were quite and looked at Eda patiently waiting for her to speak again. Finally Eda dropped the ball, "I was with Serkan!"

Ayfer, Melo, Ceren and Fifi had the look on their faces as if they were struck by lightning. Everyone's mouth had fallen open and it seemed as if the words couldn't get past their throat.

"Serkan? Serkan Bolat? The one with the memory loss?" Ayfer managed to ask with her mind still processing what her niece just said.

"Evet! He remembered everything. Serkan remembered everything about me, us." Eda said dreamily while looking at her friends and hala.

"But wasn't he supposed to get married? To Selin?" Ceren asked upon finding her voice after the shocking revelation.

"Evet! He was supposed to get married but the moment he remembered, he left everything and came to me, asking for forgiveness and  confessing his love for me." Eda said triumphantly.

"Waah! Waah! Eniste really had to do everything at the last moment. So romantic.." Melo said with her eyes completely lit before continuing, "It serves that Selin right for manipulating Eniste, being left at the wedding altar once again." Melo quickly finished up before booming into a demonic laughter which was subsequently joined by her friends and hala.

"Eda do you know how much Serkan has remembered? I meant is it just bits and pieces of your time together or has he remembered everything?" Fifi asked Eda once they had all subsided from laughing.

"I don't know Fifi, but it doesn't look like Serkan has only remembered bits and pieces." Eda replied a bit unsure, before continuing, "But you know what? When we were walking in the park or by the cafe where we had our first coffee as a real couple or when we were at the embankment.. Serkan narrated me every memory he had of us associated with those places." Eda finished with a smile before she looked at her friends and hala who had happy faces too.

"Okay then time for a big group hug.." Ceren announced as all 5 women in that room grabbed onto each other for the hug.

"Dadacim, I am so happy for you! It just seems like every bit of pain and tears from your side for the last 2 months finally paid off.." Melo whispered to the rest while they were still entangled in their group hug.

Once all of them had pulled themselves out of the group hug, Ayfer went into the kitchen announcing, "I will get the table ready."

Eda too excused herself from the girls by saying, "I want to get a shower."

****

By the time Serkan arrived his mother's house. His mother, Engin, Piril and Seyfi had already returned and were waiting for him in living room.

"Merhaba!" Serkan greeted everyone with a smile once he entered the living room.

Seeing Serkan enter all four of them stood up from their couch and greeted him back unable to hold their curiosity of what had happened between him and Eda.

"I think Anne must have already told you the reason for my absence in wedding.. as I remembered everything about my relationship with Eda. I decided to confront her and ask for forgiveness. Engin knows too." Serkan added with a wink at Engin.