𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐮

       𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 under the dim light of the sun hiding above tall native trees, hanging over her like an umbrella

       𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 under the dim light of the sun hiding above tall native trees, hanging over her like an umbrella. Using her hand to block out the light she noticed a red stain which had covered her entire hand, dried down her forearm like a glove.

"What the hell?"

It took her only a few seconds to realize the red down her arm was in fact blood.

Deena sat up with a gasp, only to spot a dead body not too far from where she lay. It was a man on his back. A grayish color to his face and a darker gray color of veins peeled along his skin throughout his body like dried-up fruit. Nothing she'd ever seen before. She scuffled away from the body with a gasp, backing into another with their limbs missing. Another, mauled.

A scream tore from her lungs.

She questioned her memory, but she couldn't remember anything. It was like her brain was integrating fragment pieces of her memory and it was too painful.

And not only that, but she was butt-ass naked in the wilderness and covered in blood that has stained her skin deep red. Not only her arms, but her legs up to her thighs, and her breast down to her belly button, all red. Dry and sticky.

Have I been possessed?

Either that or she traveled through time with no knowledge of what's been tampered with. But she remembered the tremendous amount of pain her body went through before everything went black. Her brain was spinning, cluttered with time catching up. The most she could remember was running endlessly for hours.

A pile of leaves ruffled behind Deena.

"Accidents can happen along the way, but you get used to it. Sometimes. Lucky for you, they weren't human. You did us a favor." The voice belonged to a guy around Deena's age, revealing himself from behind a tree he stood at waiting for her to awaken.

The cool breeze shivering her bones reminded Deena of her nakedness as he headed in her direction, and rushed off the ground to hide behind a nearby tree. She tried not thinking about this stranger catching a glimpse of her ass and pressed her back against the tree, not caring if ants ate at her or sharp pieces tugged at her curls. Both hands were occupied; one wrapped across her small breast, the other over her private area. Everywhere looks the same!