Chapter Ten

Pictured above: Brady (Aramis Knight)

(Rachel's POV)

"We're letting you out of jail- on probation of course- but the two of you are being set free," the Official who introduced himself as David says, smiling down on us, "How do you feel about that? The two of you are going home!" he exclaims, talking to Brady and I like we're five year olds.

Home, all I've been wanting is to go home these days- but after what happened today... I'm not so sure how I feel.

"Why?" Brady shoots, glaring at the Officials, "Why now? Why didn't you let us go last week when you captured us?"

David's smile dims a little, "Because- given the circumstances- we've decided that the Unspeakables we're guilty, and what we were holding the two of you accountable for was wrong."

"What's going to happen to them?" I ask.

The Official gives me a funny look, "They're going to be punished- severally."

I raise an eyebrow, "All three of them."

David is still looking at me funny, "Of course," he says slowly.

"No," I snap, shaking my head, "that's not fair. Willow is the one who murdered all those Officials, so why would you punish the other two?"

The Official's fake smile drops, "I'm not going to speak about this with children."

Brady rolls his eyes, "Why do I keep getting called that? I'm fourteen, not four!"

"We deserve to know," I snap, "Willow-," I start, but something holds me back from finishing the 'Willow killed our brother,' sentence I was about to deliver. It just doesn't feel right, this man thinks Sam is nothing more than a piece of garbage. He doesn't have the right to think anything ill of our brother, so instead I just finish with, "- we deserve to know what's happening to them, our whole family was put in danger during the Rebellion."

"No, end of discussion, now if you want to be freed- I'd shut you're traps and follow me," David, our now extremely pissed off Official snaps.

"Dick," Brady murmurs under his breath as he gets up from his seat.

I glare at him, "Don't curse Brady."

Brady rolls his eyes, "Don't boss me Rachel."

At this I roll my eyes, but it almost feels good to not get along with Brady. We've been so scared to dare defy each other for so long- could this mean that things are going back to normal?

I mentally slap myself for that, of course things aren't going back together! If they were, Sam would still be alive, Dustin would still be my boyfriend, and Brady and I would have never gotten ourselves thrown in jail- twice.

"So we get to leave?" I ask cautiously, "Just like that?"

David nods, pulling the office door open for Brady and me, "Yep, just like this."

I shoot a look at Brady, "Sorry dude," he says, crossing his arms over his chest, "but this seems way too easy."

"The two of you are innocent, unless you feel like you should stay here- I think you should walk out of the door." David snaps.

Cautiously, I step out of the office and into the empty, carpeted hallways. This place reminds me all too much of our parents office, the one that they were held hostage in while Kenny tried to talk Sam into killing them.

Just the memory alone makes me shudder.

"Will we be able to see our parents?" I ask, "And go home, as if we were never in jail?"