Chapter 1: A Wanting of Change

Hey everyone! Author here with the first chapter of this book. I don't really have much to say so enjoy the chapter!
__________________________________________________________________

Beep...

Beep...

BEEP...

BEEP..-

I slammed my fist on the alarm and pulled the blanket I had slept with over my head, dreading having to get up. I wished I could go back to my dream world where all of it is familiar and there'd be no more royal lunches and balls I had to attend. After lying there for 15 minutes I decided I probably won't go back to sleep so I got up and began getting ready for my day.

First I brushed by teeth, got dressed in a dark red shirt with a leather jacket and some baggy black jeans.

I cuffed my jeans and put on white sneakers. I walked over to the broken mirror I had on my bedside table.

I looked into the shattered mirror and saw my tan face, slightly pink cheeks, small nose, brown hair and eyebrows. All the things that made me look... human I guess.

My glaze focused then on the red horns on my head and the Ruby eyes looking back at me.

I sighed angry. 'It's no fair! I didn't even get a chance to live! I didn't choose to be in this living nightmare!'

Yeah, I'm a demon but the thing is... I was born in hell. I guess nobody really cares about love besides the royal family. They are the only ones who have time for love, if you can even call it that. The whole point of love to the royal demons is to continue the line of pure demon blood. Everyday common demons are half human from their life before hell.

The few who aren't half human in hell besides the royal family's are usually fallen angels, descendants of the dragons that used to live in hell, grim reaper descendants, or just demons who have worked to become a possessor. These people are usually upper class or work for the royal guard.

Now with the royal families. Yes, royal families not just one. The land of hell is divided into 7 sections who are constantly at war with each other or backstabbing each other after a peace agreement. Each royal family controls a part of hell as their kingdom.

The Lava Swamp, a land above the bubbling lava that flows forever; Entrance of Hell, the place most souls from the human world get put; Valley of Trapped Souls, a place that reeks of death, screaming, and torture. Most people who were mass murders or who caused world chaos get put here to forever live a nightmare; Dead Man's View, the only place in hell you can go to to leave hell, well legally. Most go here to haunt the living, appear at summonings, or possess the living to cause chaos; Tunnel of No Return, a place where demons who have disobeyed the law are put and later transferred to valley of trapped souls. If they aren't transferred they eventually will die from starvation since after 3 years if a demon hasn't eaten they will die; Broken Halo Landing, this is a temporary place where the angels who have sinned are put until they can be sorted into a kingdom; and finally there's Thorn Crown Summit here is where the top royal family is. They also are the kingdom that makes and enforces the law for all of hell.

Yeah, that's my 'home' or whatever you wanna call it. I'm in the royal family that rules over all of hell. Fun..

I shook my head and focused back on reality instead of the stupid reason I'm here. I kept looking at my reflection.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

I looked around and grabbed a red beanie and put it on over the horns on my head. Suddenly...

Suddenly...

I seemed-..well- uh... 'human.' For the first time in a while I didn't hate my reflection, the person looking right back at me.

I smiled at my reflection one last time before walking out of my room with a pep in my step.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

When I entered the room I didn't see anyone so I just took an apple from the pantry. I sat on the counter eating it, my tail going back and forth happily.

After eating the apple I walked out of the kitchen, accidentally leaving my beanie in there, and began to walk the halls of the castle I lived in.

The stones were black and red, a few were crumbling and had faded coloring due to the fact the castle had been in the same spot without any repairs for thousands of years. Golden details were all over the walls complementing the red and torn rug that sat at the floor of al the hallways.

My red tail swayed back and forth on the floor, moving swiftly behind my cat-like movements. I turned the corner and...

"Hey Loser!" An annoyingly high voice yelled at me.

Oh god.. not her!

———————————

THANK YOU FOR READING >:D

I'm excited to publish this since this idea has been in my head for a while now. I hope you all have a good day. If you're not I'm sending you all virtual hugs! I love you all! (platonically)

-Author <3