chapter 27

my apologies for this coming out so fucking late--with a new semester starting up I had new classes; and there's new teachers, and my friend is fighting with me, and my brother is transitioning, and I have a girlfriend?? Now which is like??? hello?? valentines is coming up too so like dla;fewkjafewef but anyways... have a chapter. Also holy shit is it snowing where u guys r?

Vivi kneeled down and it was obvious to Aki that she was trying to stop tears from flowing. Aki opened his eyes and looked up at the sky and put his hands together in a prayer.

He clapped once and then looked down at Vivi who was stilly trying to hold back her tears. Aki squatted down next to her and patted her head. Vivi turned to the side and hid her face into Aki's chest. She wrapped her arms around him, embracing his warm body.

"I.. I can't..." she whimpered. Aki pulled the girl tighter to his body and wrapped his arms around her back, rubbing circled on her clothes soothingly.

"Vivi..." he began softly. "You can't give up now. If you do his death will be worth nothing. Does he and the countless other lost lives mean nothing to you?" Vivi flinched and pulled out of the hug.

she scowled lightly at Aki who only stared back at her, waiting for a response. "Of course not!" She cried. She weakly hit him on the shoulder, her shoulders bucked up when a hiccup ripped through her chest.

"Of course not..." she said quieter. 

"Then stand up and fight. Your tears serve no one. Your silence serves no one. Yes, death is sad, but it's inevitable. Even if you've got a long life span, the constant marching of time will bring forth the vague expanse that is death." Vivi whipped her tears and stared at Aki, confusion dancing through her eyes, when she said nothing, Aki continued. "You can either crumple under the weight of life and death, or stand up and do something with the time you've got."

"Princess, I've known you since you were little. You may not remember it, but I served under your father, the king, once upon a time. I know you. Your wit and tenacity know no bounds. You're the daughter born from adventure and bred with blood of courage."

Vivi held back a smile at his kind words.

"I mean, come on!" Vivi looked up at him, slightly surprised at the small outburst. Usually the words he uses are big and he's very poetic, so it surprised her. "You literally crossed a desert, infiltrated an organization, joined forces with pirates and crossed the desert again!"

Aki chuckled to himself. Vivi joined in soon after him.

"Alright!" She stood up, balling her hands into fists. "I'll keep going," she turned down to Aki, who was still kneeling on the ground, "as long as you keep fighting too." She pointed down at him. Aki blinked in surprise, but quickly smiled and stood up.

"Very well."

Vivi smiled and turned to the opening in the clock tower. She took a deep breath before cupping her mouth with her hands.

"STOP FIGHTING! PLEASE EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING! PLEASE STOP FIGHTING!!"

Aki looked out among the crowd. When he noticed the fighting straw hat crew members pointing at something in the air, he too looked up. When he realized it was Croco-boi who'd been launched up, most likely by Luffy, and was now falling down to the ground, Aki couldn't help but smile.

He knew that the boy was strong, but to take down a warlord at such a young age... damn. He looked higher up when a storm cloud caught his attention. It was going to rain. His smile got wider and he glanced down at Vivi who was still yelling for the battle to end.