*Celeste's point of view*

Turning around facing the window beside my bed I try to close my eyes, but it feels like I have been up for ages.

Finally getting up I head outside to get some fresh air. The morning's cool summer breeze glides along my arms, dancing delicate swirls. An elegant white butterfly coated with blue flecks is resting on a patch of the lavender flowers I planted last week. Their wonderful light purple petals bring my garden to life, enhancing the beauty of the flowers surrounding it.

People think that it's weird that I like gardening, but it calms me. After my parents died I felt so alone. Gardening and watching all the different birds chirp outside helped me escape from reality. My parents saved me from a house fire. Feeling a tear run down my cheek, I quickly wipe it away trying not to remember the past.

As I walk into the woods surrounding my house, I feel as though I am in a trance. The grass is still wet and the air is thick with dew. The butterfly follows closely behind me. It lands on my hand. My worries and concerns seem to disappear at once. When the butterfly flies away I am brought back to reality. I checked the time on my watch and it read five o'clock.

How have I been in the woods for this long? I went back home unsure why I had lost so much time.

After getting dressed for school I went downstairs, grabbing a water bottle and a granola bar from the pantry. I got into my car and drove off to my last day of high school.

The rest of the day went by fast. During the day I kept thinking about what happened in the forest, and why the butterfly was following so closely behind me. Why had I lost so much time? When school ended I was so eager to figure out what happened this morning.

...

Heading back into the forest, I just kept walking and walking until it was dark. Looking back down the trail all I could see was the faint outlines of the trees surrounding me. Starting to run was my only option, I have this weird feeling that someone is watching me. The trees blurred together as I ran. I'm lost!

Seeing the butterfly again made me feel calmer. The butterfly reminded me of my mom. It may be for the best if I stay here, for the night. Maybe I could find my way back home easier the next day.

When I woke up I could feel the warm sun shining on my body, there was fog surrounding me. After rubbing my eyes I looked up and someone was standing over me. He is breathtaking. His black hair is slightly covering his blue eyes, shielding me from his gaze. He looked like he had been ripped out of a magazine. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me emotionless.

"Get away from me!" I said screaming.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any weirder the ground began to shake. Vines began to sprout from the ground enclosing around my lifeless body. He looked at me in complete shock as the roots yanked him back protecting me. In a split second, he was gone, I was left alone on the forest floor once again.