THE LIE OF TRUTH BETWEEN US

"Miranda! So what happened?", Callie asked as Miranda got in the car.

"Can we talk about it later Callie please..."

"Alright I'll let it go for now."

"Ummm can you text Ben to let him know his shift starts tonight and that he's on call. I forgot to tell him that we're on call tonight because I didn't want us to have to come back and go straight to work."

"Miranda no, he's your husband. Go home and tell him! Why did you leave him at the airport anyway? What happened?"

"I thought you were letting this go. And I can't go home right now", she said crying.

Callie just left it alone until they got to her place. She pulled into her drive way and Miranda immediately got out before Callie could say anything.

Miranda stood at the door waiting for Callie to come and open it. "I should just make her wait since she wants to be stubborn", Callie said to herself.

Callie called Ben. "Hey what's going on with y'all? Why did Miranda have me pick her up?"

"Hey Callie! Well at least I know she's okay forwards her whereabouts. And I honestly don't know she started crying on the plane when she was asking me about children and if I wanted them and I told her yes and she just got up talking about how she can't and has to leave."

"Well I mean that's-", Callie stopped herself from saying her next statement. "I'll try to get something out of her and send her back your way."

"Thanks", Ben said hanging up. Ben drove home in silence and really upset because his wife just walked out as if they were still a dating couple or something.

"You ready to go in?", Callie said being sarcastic seeing Miranda was freezing.

"Can I go take a shower?", Miranda said as she walked in.

"Yeah you know where everything is and I think you still have some clothes left over."

Miranda walked into the guest bathroom and looked in the linen closet and saw some of her things folded up. She got in the shower and out quick then got dressed in a old black t-shirt and sweats.

She walked out to the living room to see Callie standing in front of the TV flipping through the channels.

"Do you want to order something before you get called in to work?", Callie asked.

"No I'm not hungry", Miranda said looking down fiddling with the throw pillows as she sat down on the couch tucking her legs in behind her.

"You say that now, then as soon as I order something you go say oh I think I want something now", Callie said mocking her.

"Well then order for me if you feel that or don't. I don't really care nor am I hungry like I said", Miranda said with an attitude.

Callie turned off the TV, "Okay it's later now. Start talking Miranda. I'm not dealing with your moody ass attitude today."

Miranda rolled her eyes and started to get up. Callie stood up and towered over her little friend. "Miranda sit down and talk. Why are you still running from your problems?"

"I'm not running from anything", Miranda said wiping her face.

"Then why the hell did you leave your husband on a damn private plane after giving him the best birthday vacation of his life. Then you're sitting here avoiding my questions with a funky ass attitude and I'm just trying to help you. I dropped what I was doing to come and get you because I thought you needed me, but if this is all you're going to do then I can gladly drop your ass back off with your husband."