FALLING APART AGAIN

Miranda immediately grabbed her phone and dialed Ben's number. She was tapping her thigh with her hand at a fast pace waiting for him to answer, but it just kept ringing. Miranda called one more time.

Ben and his crew had just finished with a house fire and they were heading back to the station and he looked at his phone seeing it ring. He swiped to ignore the call and sending her to voicemail letting Miranda know that he saw the call and ignored it. "BENJAMIN WARREN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?"

Ben's phone went off again and new voicemail came across his phone. He shook his head knowing how much trouble he was going to be in by the time he got home later.

When they finally got to the station Ben decided to take a quick shower and when he got out he was planning to call Miranda, but when he did the alarm went off and he immediately hung up the phone getting dressed as fast as possible to head to the fire truck. Around that time Miranda had dozed off for a second, but woke up when she heard her phone. "HELLO? HELLO....BEN?", Miranda threw her phone at the end of the bed in frustration. She started to panic and worry that something bad had happened to him and that he was stranded somewhere trying to call for help.

Hours had went by and Miranda was still up waiting for Ben to walk into their bedroom, but he hadn't yet.

Miranda was contemplating rather or not she needed to go out and look for him, but the only problem was she didn't know where to look.

"If he doesn't come home in the next hour I'm going to kill him", Miranda said angrily as she started moving the furniture around in the living room. She moved the couch almost all the way to the kitchen then pulled the recliner to right in front of the front door and sat down folding her arms and legs up in the chair.

It was now 9:08am and Miranda had just woke back up still sitting in the recliner facing the door. She looked up when she heard the keys and the doorknob turn very quietly.

Ben opened the door and stepped in backwards sliding in closing the door back quietly as possible before turning around and being startled by his wife visually ending his life. "SHIT MIRANDA BABY...you scared me! Why are you up so early....and why is the chair right here?"

Miranda stared hard with no response.

"Okay I deserve that and I'm sorry", he said stepping closer. "But look I have a perfectly good reason why I've been gone all night."

"You're still alive so there's no other reason Benjamin Jeremiah Warren."

"Baby I promise I'll explain as soon as I get some rest."

"Some rest? SOME REST BENJAMIN! YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET SOME REST HERE....IN THIS HOUSE....WHEN I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WORRIED SHIT LESS ABOUT YOU. I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOMEWHERE LYING ON THE SIDE OF THE RODE FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE WITH BAD RECEPTION."

"Miranda baby please stop yelling my head hurts and my body is tired and I'm really really sorry for having you be worried like that all night. Just please I'm so exhausted....can I just take a little nap baby before I tell you-..."

"Benjamin Jeremiah Warren....I promise you rest is what you will not get staying here. So if you want rest I suggest you go back to where you were or back to where you've been sleeping these past few weeks."

"Miranda I was at a hotel during those weeks", he said as he reached out his hands to hold onto her shoulders and rub down her arms.

"Don't touch me Benjamin....and what is that smell? You smell like a whole ass chimney."

"Miranda I'm not going back to that hotel to sleep and plus why would you want to send us backwards. We just barely got back here."

"Yes you are if you want to rest", she said with an attitude and folding her arms staring hard as ever at him with piercing eyes. "And what do you mean me, you're sending us backwards by lying to me and sneaking out in the middle of the night and coming home at 9am smelling like that."