VOICE MESSAGES & SNEAKING OUT

"Huh?", Ben replied laying his head down on her breast.

"Benjamin Warren you heard me", she said hitting his head.

"Miranda baby I'm tired....let's just get some rest okay."

Miranda scrunched up her face, "Fine Benjamin whatever." She wasn't in the mood either to argue with her husband so she left it alone for now.

After a few hours Miranda woke up and Ben was now laying on the side next to her and she moved his arm from over her and slid out of the bed and went to the bathroom.

She hoped she would be back before Ben woke up because she didn't want to hear his mouth about her getting up without him.

As Miranda was coming out of the bathroom Ben phone was going off and she went over to silence it, but then she saw the call come up again and again then it finally left a voice message and Miranda accidentally hit play.

'Congratulations Warren! It's your new captain at station 19. You passed, welcome to the firehouse. See you tonight.'

Miranda clenched the phone to her chest trying not to get angry then she saw Ben move and she put the phone back and walked around to the side that she was on and as she was getting in bed he opened his eyes and stared at her.

"I know you weren't out of the bed without me", Ben said while turning over on his back.

Miranda just looked at him trying her best to hide her tears, but her husband knew her too well.

"What's wrong Miranda?", Ben said sitting up.

"Nothing Ben", Miranda said getting under the covers.

"Miranda I thought we were moving forward, why are you acting like th-"

"Hi Dr. Bailey. So you're all cleared to go home, but we want you to rest a few days before getting back to your regular schedule. Okay?", Dr. Shepherd said.

"Fine it's not like I have anything to do anyway", Miranda said with an attitude.

"Are you okay Dr. Bailey?", Dr. Shephard asked.

"I said I'm fine. Now where are my discharge papers so I can go home."

"Sure I'll put that in right now and get some rest Dr. Bailey."

Miranda rolled her eyes as Dr. Shepherd walked out.

"Miranda?"

"Is there anything you need to tell me or talk to me about Benjamin Warren?", Miranda said getting up and packing her things.

Ben started to scratch his head because he knew he was in trouble by how she said his name, but he didn't know what he did. "No baby. Not that I know of. Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know you tell me."

"Okay so clearly I did something, but I don't know what it is Miranda so can you just tell me and we can skip this unnecessary back and forth arguing."

Miranda didn't say anything and just kept packing.

Ben got out of the bed and walked over to where Miranda was and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Get off of me Benjamin", Miranda said as she walked away and went into the bathroom with her clothes and shut the door.

Ben put his hand on his head and blew out his breath. He was so confused on what he did especially since he was sleep and just woke up, so what possibly could he have done wrong.

Miranda came back out of the bathroom dressed and ready to go.

"Did you want me to wait downstairs until you're ready to go?", Ben asked and Miranda still ignored him.