DOUBLE THE NEWS, TRIPLES THE STRESS

Miranda was awaken the next morning by her alarm. Her eyes were puffy and her head was pounding. She got up and went into the bathroom to shower.

Once she was done and dressed for work she went into the kitchen passing the living room seeing Ben asleep on the couch.

"Guess I'll make a smoothie for breakfast", she said while getting the blender out and getting a cup of ice along with other different fruits, adding a little bit of water then hitting the power button scaring Ben out of his sleep.

"Miranda?", he yelled sitting up and she kept on blending and shaking the blender making sure it was all getting cut up. "Miranda baby we really need to talk now."

"Now is not the time....things just don't work around you when you want it too Benjamin." She poured her smoothie and grabbed her things headed to the door.

Ben stopped her by grabbing ahold of her arm and she looked down at his grip and he let go. "Baby it's about your stress levels and needing to keep it down."

She placed everything down on the doorway console table and took a deep breath turning around looking at him and he bagged up. "You're the cause of my high stress levels right now and if I didn't love you so much-..."

"What? You'll leave me."

"YESS BENJAMIN I WOULD LEAVE YOU", she yelled as tears rolled down her face. "I already lost my babies Benjamin and if leaving you is easier than losing you to a burning building than so be it because I can't bare that death pain again, especially with it being you."

Miranda was struggling to see as she was wiping her eyes and grabbing her things again and walking out of the door slamming it after her.

"Miran-...", Ben said before hearing his phone go off.

"Okay I'm on my way." Ben was now headed to the fire station even though it was his day off, it was a 5 fire.

As soon as station 19 arrived Ben was the first to hop out of the truck and before he could put on his fire gloves the building exploded blowing out the rest of the windows causing thick glass to fly everywhere.

Ben and about 15 other crew members who were already there were blown back by the explosion all laying on their backs and some on their sides with glass piercing through them.

"I NEED A MEDIC!", someone yelled and Ben rushed up without even realizing there was a huge piece of glass cutting through his hand and little pieces stuck to his face.

"WARREN YOU'VE BEEN INJURED JUST RELAX WE GOT THIS!"

The fire was horrible and impossible to put out and help everyone else who was injuried. It was the worse one Ben had seen since he became a fire fighter. The warehouse was seconds away from crumbling, it had been burning for hours now and with every station in sight it still wasn't helping anything.

Everyone who was hurt was finally cleared away from the scene. Ben had stabilized the glass in his hand and wrapped it himself so that others could get help. The EMT picked the other little pieces of glass out of his face, but they weren't serious cuts.

"ALRIGHT YALL WE GOT A BIG LOAD COMING IN. A WAREHOUSE COMPLETELY BURNED DOWN, BUT THE ONLY ONES WHO WERE HURT WAS THE FIRE CREW. WHEN THE BUILDING EXPLODED THICK GLASS WENT EVERYWHERE PIERCING SOME OF THE CREW. FORWARDS I KNOW THERE IS A THIGH, NECK AND CHEST LAC THAT COULD BE FATAL. ALSO A HAND, FACE AND-...", Webber said before the rigs started to pull into the ambulance bay.

The possible fatal injuries were automatically sent up to surgery while the minors were taken care of in the ER.

"BEN? Oh my God....what happened?"