Chapter 5: Part2

Ok. The song lol the lyrics dont go too much with this story, but I was vibing to this song while writing this part... and I guess just the part were he says "Save your tears for another day." Love this song lol.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ben glances down at his phone, as he folds his laptop away, and scoops it into his bag. He couldn't believe the time had passed so fast as they had studied together in her room.
"Devi. It's already ten. I should get going." He says as he gets to his feet, glimpsing at her as she still continues on typing away at her assignment onto her laptop.
"Hmm? Oh, yeah, ten, right." She replies, gaze drifting back to him. He swings his bag onto his back, as she gets up to grab her bag too, and find her key for her car. They had agreed he would use her car to drive home that night, and then he would be the one to pick her up in the morning for school. As hesitant as Devi had felt about letting him drive her brand new car he had given her with a broken arm, she knew she wasn't going to say 'no' and knew she would cave in anyway. He watches as she walks over to the other side of the room were her bag hangs on a hanger on the wall.
"I'm suprised your mum hasn't appeared at your door and sent me home already." He adds softly, not wanting Devi's mother to hear incase she were passing by. Devi searches her bag for the keys and her brows wrinkles when she cant find it, searching deeper then. He watches on patiently, resting back onto Devi's study table.
"Hang on... I might have left my key in my jacket." She looks about the room, scanning for where she may have put her jacket, when she suddenly realises that she may have left it down stairs in the living room. "Ok. I think it's probably just downstairs" she says as she walks toward the door and out the room. Ben turns slowly to follow, when he captures a glimpse of a paper on her table that grabs his attention. Its slightly buried under some books but he knows, by its outline, its one of their chemistry tests they had done just recently. He assumes they must of recieved back the day he were away from school, but realises that he had also forgotten to ask Devi how she had done. He glances at it... takes a breath in as he thinks twice about taking a peak. His hesitating... he really is... but oh damn it's too hard... he lets his impulse get the better of him and his hands reaches for it, letting his curiosity win. As Devi rushes back in, his back to her at her study table, she glances over at him confused...
"Ben. I got you the key." She says as he swings around, startled.
"Oh. Yeah." He says quickly, putting her paper back down, and automatically begins to follow her to the door. As he approaches the door... His resisting. Resisting. It's none of his damned business... Don't!, he warns himself. As he stops at the door he needs to say something... how is he not supposed to say anything when it could potentially impact her choices later... such as choice of college?
"So..." he says, as he stops and stands at her door, and she stops too in the hall and turns, pursing her lips in confusion. "Umm. You got a B for chemistry?"
She scoffs and gapes at him.
"You sneaking through my stuff, Gross?"
His cheeks fill pink, feeling slightly taken back, feeling embarrassed... slight guilt look crossing his face.
"I m-mean, you never told me. B isn't going to get you into Harvard, David." he tries to joke.
Her soft look, morphs to a frown.
"Are you serious, Ben?" She groans. "Not that it's any of your business, but it was just one test. Ok?"
He shrugs, eyes widened on her. Feeling a tad bit nervous. Because maybe he really wants to debate this. Dont get him wrong, he doesnt want this to turn into an arguement, but he does have a few suggestions... all of which would inevitably turn into an argument, he realises... And he knew how firey Devi could potentially get... so...
"Well, umm, I'm here to help." He replies, thinking there were basically little point in bringing up his other points and risking Devi explode on him.
"It's ok Ben-"
Nope... his going straight in...
"But maybe it's not Devi, we need to talk about how th-" he starts only to be interrupted when she walks over and crashes her lips to his, covering her mouth with his. It takes him by suprise, and she's pressing him back against her door, running her hand around his back, kissing him deep and intently. She's got him so damned confused, and his dropping down his bag, and pulling her in by her waist. She's tasting him so deeply as though she's making him her life line. And then, at some point, it sort of snaps at him... And he pulls away, eyes gently watching her.
"Are you trying to shut me up?" He questions, with a small laugh.
"Is it working?" She questions, eyes intently watching him. A smile plucks at the corner of his mouth and he wants to laugh.
"I mean, y-yeah... I guess so." He says as he leans in and kisses her again, softly. "I mean, this tactic won't work everywhere... like you can't try this at school..." he teases her.
She takes his hand and gently pulls him to her bed, his eyes growing wide on her. "Shit, Devi, your mum? Remember?"
She giggles as she flops him down at the edge of her bed. She's going to try changing the direction of their conversation... the only way she can think of how, right now... She doesnt want another fight...
"Yes. She's downstairs and sort of asleep. I saw her in the living room when I went to grab my key... That's why she didnt come up to check on us. So making out maybe ok?" She shrugs and whispers to him, as she takes a seat on his lap. A smile forms on his face, then begins to slip off as the thought of her mother downstairs looms on in his mind. He gazes at her, a worried look on his face as she lifts up his shirt to press kisses to his chest as they press him back onto her bed.
"Your doing this to avoid talking about something?" He questions, still veryvery much baffled. She hums as she thinks, bringing her eyes back to his.
"No." She says simply. "I'm trying to save us from another argument." She smirks at him, then continues kissing him. His brows furrow on her and he doesn't know what to say... because for one, he wants this ... on the other hand, he knows she's only postponing what they would need to talk about inevitably ... And third.... third... His mind can't escape the fact Devi's mum were still downstairs. He opens his mouth to say something, but immediately stops when she takes her shirt off... and his mind freezes... he cant remember... he slides his hand up her back and brings her down to him, flipping her onto her back, kissing her intently into the blankets. She smiles into his kiss, and wraps her arms around his neck to keep him close. He picks up the pace of kissing her... but the thought of her mum being downstairs lingers on his mind, and he checks over his shoulder to make sure the door were closed... or half expecting to see someone standing there with a murderous look...
"Are you ok?" She asks, bringing his gaze back to her. He watches her, eyes wide.
"Yeah. Just... this is a bit crazy. Your only trying to avoid talking ab-" he says until being cut off again with another kiss... another deep kiss, just as passionate as the first, sliding her hands through his hair. When she stops, both breathing heavily, he tries his best to smirk at her, and huffs a small laugh.
"Are you planning on using this... everytime I go to debate something with you?"
She smiles innocently, nodding her head, and batting her eyes at him... She's playing with him, he can so tell . He scoffs an amused short laugh, and raises a brow.
"But you wouldn't dare try it at school too, would you?" He teases back... but not exactly expecting her answer...
"You want to make a deal on that too, Gross?" She chuckles, then smirks, running her hand gently over his face as she gazes at him. He scoffs again. As much as his loving the way she softly touches and warmly gazes at him right now, his still baffled by her answer.
"Really?" He cries as quietly as he can. "You do realise we do need to talk about this at some point in-" she cuts him off again, taking his face with her hands. She's making his blood heat up and race, kissing him, gazing at him, touching him, and conflicting his thoughts like this ... his emotions are just all over the place... his too confused, and he still wants to get his words out... but then again... he just wants... he just wants to be here with her. He moves onto her slowly, picking up the pace of kissing her, surprising Devi alittle, all the kissing making her a little light headed until he begins to pour all he has into her. She reciprocates, letting his gentle touch cover her. The way he holds her, and traces a hand along the side of her body... She literally feels goosebumps that make her want him more. He traces kisses down to her neck, hiding his face so he can talk for a few seconds without... being interrupted.
"I don't want to fight with you either, Devi, but you know this wont solve anything, dont you?" He whispers, as he continues kissing her. She's lost in his touch, having half heard anything he muffled close to her ear. "What are you trying not to face?"
He says, undoing his trousers.
"W-what? Im not trying- i just dont want to fight with you. Why cant you just get that?." She replies, panting alittle when he kisses close to her breasts as he pulls her skirt up. She wants them to stop hurting each other... because she doesn't know how much they will hurt later...
He stops and looks at her, eyes flickering over her.
"But this... we never resorted to this..." he questions. "It just seems... seems as though your really really trying to avoid... you know, talking about something?"
Her eyes widen, watching him, and she freezes. He tries pulling out his wallet to find a condom, but before he can she scoffs, pulling him off, and she groans.
"I'm trying to avoid an argument but... but I guess you really want one. Why?!"
Oh shit, what did he do, he groans to himself. She's angry now. And he wonders if maybe he can use the same tactic she'd used on him back on her? Trying to lean in and kiss her?
"I don't get it Ben! Why cant we-" she begins, before his already stopped her, pulling her into him, kissing her back like she had kissed him. He scoots them both back into her bed, and when she comes up for air, she gives him an amused grin. She wants to laugh.
"You stealing my moves, Gross?"
He grins back at her.
"Borrowing them. For now." He shrugs lightly, then leaning back in and kissing her more. She laughs into his kiss. And its not long before they do make love. But, subconsciously, Devi knows there is a bigger fight looming... getting him to except her wanting Princeston.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys! Hope I didn't rush through this one too much... I have posted 3 post in 3... or 4 days... I can't remember lol but I know I won't be able to post the next one for about a week because of how hectic this week will be... but I will try to update when I can. Sending you all big big hugs ❤