Slight Delay: Lui Shirosagi (STFD Part 2)

Valt's POV
After the unwelcome interruption from the so-called Emperor and his gang, I took a small break from my mission. I walked a few blocks until I found a quiet alleyway that seemed free of gang activity, taking a moment to lean against a wall and catch my breath.

My mind was reeling as I recounted what had happened. I hadn't meant to reveal myself in such a way to them - I don't even think that they were worthy of witnessing the power of Lightning. But then that Kurt guy said those four words; said them in a way that made it sound like he could tell me anything and nothing would happen. I just got so angry at him, and his cowardly gang, that knowing that I had an ability that could easily put them in their place became way too tempting.

Pressing my shaking hands to my sides, I took a deep, cleansing breath. That had just been a fluke, a glitch. It wouldn't happen again.

Nevertheless, I couldn't afford to lose focus on my mission. I had to face Shu, sooner or later; like ripping off a bandage.

I didn't realize that my eyes were closed until something blew into my face and I opened them to see a mosaic of black and white. Pulling away my temporary mask, I saw that it was a newspaper from a few days ago. There was a blaring headline at the top: First Three Bladers For International Blader's Cup Been Announced!!

International Blader's Cup? That was a new one. Even though I was technically no longer a legally licensed blader, my interest was peaked. Scrolling through the story, I found the names of the first participants. A shock ran through my system when I saw Shu's name on the list. It couldn't have been more perfect; now I knew exactly where to find him! But my excitement was short lived when I saw another familiar name on the list.

A name that brought back memories that made me grind my teeth.

On second thought, maybe I could delay the outcome of my mission just a little longer...

No One's POV
Lui Shirosagi. The White Dragon King. The Winter Knight. Five-Time Champion of Japan's National Beyblading Tournament.

Who now had a new nickname: Lord of the Bored.

His gut had told him that it would be a bad idea to come to the USA a week before the International Blader's Cup had officially started, but his mind had been excited at the prospect of getting a chance to battle Shu Kurenai once again. He'd heard that the albino blader had gotten a new bey and was stronger than ever. Being the Blue Shark he was, he had been bent on testing that theory.

But ever since he had arrived, the infamous "Red Eye" had confined himself to his training quarters and had refused all of Lui's attempts to get him to battle - that included baiting, sending threatening messages to his room, and banging on his door.

Goddamn recluse.

As of right now, he was in his own training quarters passing the time by launching Luinor into the stadium over and over again. Normally he preferred to practice alone - less shrimpy excuses for bladers to bug him - but knowing that there was a blader in the immediate vicinity that could possibly give him a challenge, right down the hall from him in fact, irritated him more than he cared to say. The thought made him grit his teeth and put more muscle into his launch, causing him to send Luinor careening across the stadium floor.

"Luinor's going to break if you keep pushing it like that," A voice said suddenly, startling the flaming blue haired blader. Whipping around, his feathered boa flying, he discovered a total stranger leaning against the wall with their arms crossed, dressed in a ridiculous trench coat and an even more ridiculous mask. (I'm running out of descriptive words for his entrance.)