Realization

No One's POV
Over a dozen helicopters lay busted and smoking on the ground; no movement was seen from within them. Sparks of blue electricity danced across their surfaces, the only clue to their demise. The source of the electricity hovered right above them, flapping his powerful wings. Framed from behind by the blue lightning from his storm gave Valt an almost ethereal look - even more ethereal than a dragon. The look on his face was one of disgust as he stared down at the people who had dared to stand opposed in his road to redemption, who even had the nerve to shoot him.

"Maybe that'll teach ya not to stand in someone's way," He growled to the destroyed helicopters. They got what they deserved, no doubt.

"VALT!!"

His large ears twitched. He knew that voice, all too well. Could it be...? "Xander?"

Sure enough, the largest of his two oldest friends was walking between the various piles of helicopter carnage towards him. He eyed the destruction with varying degrees of horror and fury. Valt was actually proud of this? He had known Valt would get into trouble - kind of hard not to, looking and acting like he was - but he didn't think he would go this far. Something had to be done, now.

Meanwhile, Valt was ecstatic that Xander was here. This way, he could actually be present to congratulate Valt when he took down all the bladers of the world! Oh, this plan just got a whole lot better!

"Hey, bro!" He called excitedly down to Xander, waving his arm rapidly. "Did you come to see me battle?"

Xander, however, was not excited to see Valt. In fact, he was fuming mad. Dozens of people were lying all around him, and Valt had the nerve to speak to him so kindly? Oh no. No no no no no. Not with Xander. Valt would see the error of his ways, so help him God.

"Don't 'hey, bro' me!" He yelled up. "Do you even know what you're doing, Valt?"

Taken aback, Valt took a moment to answer. Xander had never spoke to him with that tone of voice before, not even after he had lost to Ren Wu. Why was he this mad? "Wha - what do you mean?"

"I mean you're practically terrorizing every blader on Earth!" Xander replied, gesturing around him angrily. "Don't you realize that?"

Terrorizing? No, he wasn't terrorizing people. He was merely telling people that he was ready for a battle, and letting them come to him. Xander should understand that - he was one of the reasons Valt was doing this. So why was he ridiculing him?

"Before, everyone doubted me because I looked weak, now look at me!" Valt explained, gesturing with his clawed thumbs towards his new look. "Now, people look at me and don't think twice before saying, 'god'! I'm doing this to prove myself to the world, and to you!" His voice dropped a couple octaves, until he sounded almost meek. "Aren't you happy for me?"

"Look, I am happy that you're getting stronger, and I have been happy for you," Xander told him, softening the slightest bit. "But is all this really worth it? Turning into a monster and harming others in order to get what you want?"

Those three words hurt. They hurt bad. "Monster... Harming others...?" Valt murmured, mainly to himself. No... that wasn't what he was... that wasn't what he was doing at all! Right?

He tried to find proof that he wasn't what Xander was accusing him of being, but he was coming up short. Everywhere he looked, he saw signs of a monstrous mind. The helicopters had been destroyed without so much as a second thought. Closer inspection of the people inside the helicopters showed that many of their helmets were broken in, which would give them major head trauma at best. Some weren't even in their seats; they had been thrown out of the front windows of their helicopters when they had crashed. One man's helmet was off, and a small river of blood could be seen beneath his head. It was hard to tell if he was breathing.

I did this... Valt realized.

"Face it, Valt," Xander told him. "You're a monster."

Monster. That word bounced around his head as Valt realized what Xander said was true. He was a monster, both physically and mentally. Hell, he had turned into a dragon, for goodness' sakes! He was the very definition of the word!

He held his hands in front of him - the very hands that had caused all this. No... this wasn't what he had meant!

"No..." He wailed, repeating the word over and over. "No... NO..." His hands moved to cover his face, trying to hide himself from the world. His wings followed, forming a malformed ball around him.

Crap, did I go too far? Xander wondered, taking a step back. Valt really looked upset. Did he push it?

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Valt screamed. All of a sudden, the entire storm of his making started collapsing, rushing back to its master.
————————
Sorry this is so short - only under 850 words. It's late and I'm tired, and I figured that I better end the day with a drawing and a chapter.