|44|

Marion had told me a few days ago that it's only normal for me to have a New Year Resolution. I told her I had absolutely no idea on what to pen down so we had a long chat. Based on the talk we had, she helped me write out my first goal for the new year: eating healthier.

"Cut low on sugar, eat your meals at the right time, exercise and drink lots of water", she had said. "It'll do you good".

She added that as time passed, I'd get more ideas on what I really want to get out of this year and I believed her but I also knew that plenty of time would breeze by before any ideas could sprout because I was way too clueless.

Just like right now.

I groan for the umpteenth time as I fail to pick out the perfect outfit for school today. I do not know how to pair clothes or shoes to make the perfect outfit and the one person apart from Marion and Eleanor that can dig me out of this fashion hotch-potch isn't around. Mom's at work and I'm helpless.

I sigh again as I plop down on my bean bag in my bathrobe and damp cherry-scented hair and bury my face into my hands. Then I glance up at the Wonderwoman poster on my wall and start to think.

I wish I were Wonderwoman, you know? She wouldn't have fashion problems or...any problems at all. What would Wonderwoman do if she were in my shoes?

And then it hit me. It was like an imaginary bulb lit up above my head and I finally got an idea on what to wear. I gaited to my closet and fished out a red long sleeve top and a short blue skirt alongside my white leggings. Throwing it on, I reached for my black boots and slipped my feet into them. Staring at my mirror, I smiled satisfactorily and threaded my fingers in my now wavy hair thinking of what to do with it. I examine it. It's not as long as it was before. It's still the same mousy brown but it's now streaked with golden blonde highlights and it's cropped to reach my shoulders. It's a look I'm still trying to adjust to but it's okay either way. Once my eyes dart to a red hair tie, I pick it and wrap it round my hair, fixing it into a ponytail, leaving a strand of my hair hanging on each side of my temples.

I concluded that I killed the Wonderwoman look then headed downstairs to eat. I woke up early today on account of my alarm clock which I had set earlier than normal so I would have enough time to prep myself before school. I made sure it would give me enough time to eat breakfast since not skipping breakfast and eating healthier is part of my goals for the New Year (even though it's still the only thing on the list, for now at least).

"Morning, Lolita", I greet her with a peck on her cheek as she works on the gas stove with a spatula. I head to the cupboard and fish out a carton of milk. "Got anything for me?"

Lolita is shocked initially at the fact that I'm willingly eating breakfast but she smiles anyway. "These bacon and eggs won't be ready now so just help yourself to cereal".

"Will do".

After eating, I bid her goodbye and hopped on a taxi to school. I looked out of the window at the downpour of snow and clutch my white scarf tighter around my neck. I glance at my phone and see that I still have one more hour to spare till school starts. So far, things are going smoothly.

I blow out a breath, cross my fingers and wish that the school day will go just as smoothly.

~~~~~

At a point in my life, I had wished that I'd be the center of attention. I'd wished that I'd be like those popular girls in movies who'd make heads turn their way as they gracefully sashayed down the hall way.