|62|

Home can be a difficult place to go when you dont know where that is anymore.

Mom has still been really quiet and my dad has gone MIA. Again.

But it's fine. I'm fine. I've been keeping myself busy with fucking Maite's life up and I've also been seeing more of Rhett, the librarian.

Apparently he liked our first sort-of-date and had been asking me out on more in the pretense of talking about books. That's how it starts off anyway- talking about books- then we ditch the cafe and head to the beach. It's like our new spot.

I feel like he really gets me, maybe even more than Aaron, Koa and Charmaine do. We have deep philosophical and intense conversations that kind of like teleport me to this other world without having to feel the constant baggage of my life. One time he told me that talking to me felt like talking to one of his colleagues and that made me fucking happy. I see him as more than a crush. I love the kind of person I am with Rhett and something tells me he feels that way with me too.

"What're you thinking about?" The voice belonged to Aphrodite. She chuckled under her breath. "Class has been over for like two minutes and you just zoned out".

I stood up, shouldered my bag and smiled. "Yeah, I tend to do that a lot. By the way, I didn't catch your name last time we spoke".

"Alana", she replied. "But everyone calls me Lani".

I outstretched my hand, "Well it's nice to officially meet you, Lani".

She took my hand, "Same here, Bayla".

"Excuse me, ladies".

It was Caledon. Standing in front us. And he was smiling.

"May I have a word with Bay?" He asked and fixed his eyes on me. "Alone?"

"Oh, it's okay, I was just leaving anyway", she replied, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. She flashed me a wink. "See you round".

I turned to face Caledon, lifting a brow. On a normal day, I would be the one to walk up to him and not vice versa.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Do you have something to do right now?" I shook my head. "Great".

He then began to walk towards the door. By now the whole classroom was empty save both of us. Then he bolted it.

"Okay, what is going on?"

"I have a question to ask".

Before I could get a word out, he walked back to me, slipped his fingers around my neck and slammed his lips against mine. My hands flattened on his chest as he tipped my head back, deepening the kiss. His tongue prodded my teeth and when his tongue met mine, I gasped. Tongue stroke after stroke, I felt my knees buckling and like he knew it, he yanked me by my thighs and set me on the table, his hands splitting up tasks; one hand went to my hair, undoing my ponytail and running softly on my scalp, lighting up several nerve endings and the other hand slid my tie off my neck then began working on my shirt buttons.

Well, fuck.

I pulled out; lowkey dazed, highkey turned on. "What's this about?"

Our noses were touching and I could feel his warm minty breath on my face. "I like you, Bay".

"And what made you realize that?"

"I had a fight with Maite".

"Okay... ?"

"She got worked up after seeing you and me that day here in this class after school, when I was helping you button your shirt up. I tried to calm her down but she got angrier and the situation blew up. She said some things, I said some things and we're... I'm here".