|10|

After what felt like an eternity of pouring out my feelings to Cullen, he decided that it was time to leave.

I felt light. I felt happy.

Cullen pulled up at my house in no time and helped me out.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Cullen had a thing for me. You know, hanging out with the nerdy girl that no one talks to, taking her to eat ice cream with you and listening to her tell you how sucky her life is and opening her car door like a gentleman. It sort of looks like he's into me but sadly, he's just being human.

He insisted on walking me to my house and added he'd like to introduce himself to any family member of mine he spots.

"Why would you even want to meet my family?"

"Because", he looked down at me with a smile that made his eyes twinkle, "We're friends".

"Friends", I echoed, wrapping my head around the fact that Cullen actually sees me as a friend. "Right".

"Well, shit!" Cullen exclaimed when I pulled open the doors to my home, eyeing it like a christmas present.

I cocked a brow at him. His reaction was totally odd but expected.

"You know I actually didn't wanna say anything before but..." He looked around my living room and sighed. "Damn!"

Okay. So my place is quite big. Ingrid once called it a mansion but I don't really think it is. It's a red brick Victorian topped with copper domes and spires that had long ago turned green. It was probably the fountain at the center of the place that fascinated Cullen because to me, this place is just old.

The living room was large with canvas ceilings, oversized chairs, black and white checker board tile floors and a grand piano at the rear end.

We have a library as well with endless book shelves, a den with a fireplace and ugly but expensive chairs, a music room that has most of the instruments that Aaron and my mom play plus we have a bowling alley. Our bathrooms have hand painted porcelain fixtures.

Cullen stood in the center of my home, his hands buried in his pockets and his eyes wandering from the elegant vases to the flat screen TV.

"Want a drink or something?" I asked awkwardly. Apart from Ingrid, I've never had a friend over. I don't know how this works.

He smiled, "Water will do".

I went to the kitchen and retrieved a cold bottle of water.

Cullen had already made himself at home by switching on the television and laying back on the chair like he was familiar with the place. Like it was normal for him. Maybe it was.

Dean acts like this and I find it irritating but now that Cullen's doing it...I guess it's not that bad.

I sat next to him and passed him his water. He mumbled a "thanks" and returned to watching the animation on the screen.

Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I bit my lip to hold back a fit of giggles threatening to erupt. It was just really cute. The first shocker was him calling us friends then walking into my home, later wanting to meet the rest of my family if possible and now he's watching Alvin and the Chipmunks with a serious look on his face.