Secrets of The Secret Keeper

Entry 7342

Those Orcs are relentless in their search for me. I had to dismantle my home and move from one side of the forest to the other to avoid being found by them. This tower is the last place I have left to hide. If they come for me here, I will have no choice but to go down into the catacombs.

Entry 7343

Something has found me here in the tower. I do not believe it is the Orcs, they appear to have given up their search for me. Whatever it is, it's tearing the lower levels of the tower apart looking for me. I am going to have to make my move soon if I have any hope of surviving.

Entry 7344

Yesterday I was able to get past that creature undetected while it was searching the other floors. I have never seen anything like it. It looks almost like a gigantic bat. It has a body that closely resembles that of a man, only with a long thin tale, two enormous wings, and two long straight horns from its head. Its feet are like that of a bird, in that they only have three sharp claw-like toes and a fourth, hook like claw for a heel. At the tips of its fingers are claw like nails as well. When it walks on the ground its claws click and clack, while its tale drags behind it. I must be extremely quiet because its large ears look as though it could hear even the faintest of sounds. I do not know what that creature is, and I hope never to find out.

Entry 7345

I can no longer play hide and seek with this creature up here in the tower. It has been days and it has not yet given up, every time I think it is going to give up, it starts its search all over again. I am going to have to go down into the catacombs. I haven't been down there since my people were all killed. I had hoped to never go down there again, but if I am to survive, I will have to. The old entrance to the catacombs is still undisturbed on the ground level of the tower. Sadly, in my attempts to avoid the creature I find myself back on the top level. I am going to have to wait for the perfect moment while the creature is distracted before I can make for the catacombs.

Entry 7346

Fortune has smiled upon me. The creature spotted a dear in the woods through one of the windows and has left, I assume to hunt. Now is my chance I am going to make a break for the catacombs. I will leave my journal here so if anyone finds it, they will know that I have gone down there. The entrance is on the bottom floor beneath the staircase.

As Leakly came to the end of the last journal entry Aramore made his way to the bottom of the staircase. Aramore walked beneath the free-standing stairs, which appeared to be shards of marble that were protruding from the wall. He looked around at the wall and floor in front of and below the stairs and found no signs of the existence of another door or staircase of any kind. 'Are you sure you read that right, because there is nothing here' said Aramore looking over at Leakly.

'There has to be! Here look for yourself he clearly says that it is found beneath the staircase' said Leakly handing the book back to Aramore.

'Wait, didn't he mention something about having been one of the Dallaterians or something like that, in one of his previous entries?' asked Bellathor.

'You're right, here it is. He says... "I haven't been down there since my people were all killed" but what does that have to do with the entrance to the catacombs?' asked Aramore.

'Everything actually, you said earlier that these people were extremely intelligent and very advanced. Then would it not stand to reason that they may have hidden the entrance? They may have built some kind of elaborate mechanism that is used to open it?' said Bellathor.