graduation pt 2 ☁️

*casually drops a chapter after a multi-month hiatus*

third pov

graduation. the time where high schoolers finally get to look at all of their teachers and peers they've never liked and say a big 'fuck you'. where they cry as they hug their friends that they'll probably text when they get home or never see again. the place where parents scream congrats while sobbing because their babies finally grew up.

and then there was taehyung, diploma in hand as he hugged his parents who were congratulating him to their heart's content. his mom ranting on about how he better visit them since now he was now all on his own and didn't even know how to cook.

taehyung had gotten his own apartment near the university he'd be attending for 4 more years.

"i love you too, mom and dad. i'll be by the house often, don't worry. don't think you can get rid of me that easily," taehyung said, cheekily.

"stop being a leech and go to your friends. they've been waiting for so long and i think jimins about to explode," taehyungs father said, pointing over to where jimin was jumping up and down in excitement as a big smile was plastered on his face. taehyung simply turned around and opened his arms wide with a smile on his face.

jimin began running as he leaped into taehyung, giving the biggest bear hug possible. happy exclaims of 'we made it' and 'we did it' coming out of his mouth so loud that taehyung was wincing and wishing his poor eardrums wouldn't be affected. but at this point, he was too happy to even care.

both of their giggles being drowned out by all of the other students who are being congratulated as well. taehyung, still wrapped right in jimins big embrace, looks up to see both of jimins boyfriends staring at them with a knowing smile on their faces.

jimin and hoseok had gotten a big scholarship in the states and was moving in a few weeks. yoongi decided to move with them since his dreams of being a big shot producer would have a better chance of developing in the states. and he loves his boyfriends with all of his heart so why not?

taehyung had been a bit heartbroken when he found out the news, both him and jimin sitting in his bed with mixed feelings. but in the end, they were both happy with the outcome.

"hey, you better fucking call me when you land. i know how hoseok does on plane flights and i don't want to miss out on the embarrassing stories," taehyung says after jimin loosens his grip on him, a small smile playing on lips.

jimins eyes began to fills with tears as he looked at his best friend, the bittersweet feeling of going off to face his dreams leaving a pained feeling in his heart.

"you know i'd never deprive you of any entertainment taetae," jimin says with a smile on his face, tears in his eyes as he tried his best not to burst out into tears.

"no crying jiminie, we've both agreed that we've done that way too much already," taehyung said, voice wavering as he tried his best to hold back tears. jimin nodded as he wiped the tears off of his face, hoseok, and yoongi walking up to the two.

"aww minnie," hoseok said in a warning tone as he engulfed his boyfriend in a hug, "you'll annoy his ass every night when you call him, ok? distance doesn't change your love for each other."

hoseok looked over at taehyung, a warm look in his eyes. taehyung knew that those words were not only directed towards jimin, so he nodded and leaned his head back as he sniffled his tears away.

"i don't mean to destroy this moment, but i'm scared that if we don't hand taehyung over to jungkook right now then we'll be in handcuffs for kidnapping or something," yoongi said, head motioning over to jungkook in a simple suit with no tie and flowers in hand.