power ⚠️

hello ('ω')

third pov

kim taehyung and jeon jungkook were like any normal couple in the supernatural world. kim taehyung was a dormant. in other words, he didn't possess supernatural abilities others are born with. it's not rare to be a dormant, but it's not common. jeon jungkook was blessed with having both parents having abilities, his powers just hadn't been awakened yet.

he was 18 and taehyung was 17, almost 18. they were both going strong and madly in love with each other. they met when they were little and used to go over to each other's houses to play together. they started out as best friends and blossomed to young love. both their parents seemed to catch on about their love for each other before they themselves registered their feelings, so it wasn't a surprise when they came out as gay.

both families were very supportive and loving towards their sons. life was perfect. except, jungkook didn't feel like his abilities were going to show through... ever. it worried him.

in the supernatural world, abilities are meant to protect and rank a being. if you were dormant, then you were of a lower status. if you were born with abilities related to air or water, you were mid-status. if you were born with abilities related to electricity and fire, you were of high status. if one were to be born with more than one ability, then you were of royal status. the rank of your status would determine everyday things such as what type of job you have or how others would interact with you.

even if one is to be a dormant that doesn't mean they are looked down upon nor were they bashed on. the supernatural world is not a bad place, they don't run a biased world. it was a crime to fight against a lower rank of not consented. kim taehyung surely was grateful for that.

but jungkook needed to have abilities. he wanted to not only protect himself but to protect his dormant boyfriend. he knew the other was the love of his life and he wanted to get a job that would be stable enough for the both of them. he didn't want to see his already struggling boyfriend struggle even more.

he'd do anything for the precious doe-eyed boy he loved so dearly. he could already imagine his life with him, but he had to have abilities in order for his dream life to come true.

taehyung had noticed his boyfriend's behavior gone sour so he decided to voice his thoughts.

"baby, what's wrong? you're being awfully quiet. i don' like it," taehyung said with a pout on his face as he took jungkooks hands into his own. they were currently sitting at an ice cream shop that taehyung had wanted to stop by at, in hopes of cheering up his boyfriends with his favorite banana milk.

jungkook couldn't help but fall in love with his boyfriend just a bit more than he already was. he looked deep into his lovers eyes as if he could see his future with him. "it's nothing to worry about, bubba. hurry up and eat your ice cream, it's melting," he replied, pointing at the running drops of vanilla.

taehyung mischievously smirked as he scooped up a bit of vanilla ice cream on his finger and swiped it onto jungkooks cheek. the coldness of the treat bit at jungkooks skin as he slightly gasped. "kim taehyung, i would most definitely have a good war with you right now if we weren't in a public place," jungkook said, holding back a laugh as he slightly smiled. he began to wipe some vanilla ice cream off his cheek when taehyung grabbed his hand and pushed it away.

"bubba, i have to-" jungkook wasn't able to finish his sentence when taehyung got up to kiss his cheek where the dessert had been. when taehyung made sure he got all of it off of him, he sat back in his seat with satisfaction running through his veins.

jungkooks face was the same shade as a cherry as he quickly grew flustered from his boyfriends antics. taehyung began to giggle to himself as jungkook tried to compose himself. jungkook felt all of his worries begin to slip as taehyung, once again, made him happy. his heart was in this boy's hands and he's never felt so right.