𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈, prologue

key ;;
(Y/n) = Your name
(H/c) = Hair color
(E/c) = Eye color
(S/t) = Skin tone
(F/c) = Favorite color
(2F/c) = Second Favorite color

* * * * * * * * * *

6,000 Years Ago . . .

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

"Is there something that is bothering you, my diamond?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Pink shook her head and then turned to face the two shorter gems behind her, who were awaiting her response. One of them, a pink spinel, was bouncing in her place excitedly, and the other one — though calmer — merely stood in her place silently, a gentle smile resting upon her soft features and her hands clasped together in front of her politely.

"Oh, (Y/n)! Spinel . . ." Pink only chuckled nervously and smiled down at the two before her, though it didn't quite reach her eyes like it usually did.

"Can I help you two with something? I've actually been quite busy recently, you know . . ." Pink trailed off, avoiding the eyes of both the spinel and mariposa gems that stared at her.

Curiously looking between eachother, Spinel scratched the top of her head like a typical cartoon character, earning an amused laugh from (Y/n).

"Well, we were wondering if you'd like to play any games today, Pink. Spinel's been growing rather bored recently, and I was hoping if you'd like to make some flower crowns again, just like we used to a little over a hundred years ago!" (Y/n) smiled, clapping her hands ecstatically as Spinel giggled from beside her and began to bounce in her place.

"Yeah, Pink! Let's play a game today!" the pink gem cheered, hopping up to the diamond and taking her hand in hers.

For a moment, Pink's smile seemed to falter, but she quickly fixed that before either of the other gems could notice.

"As . . . as fun as that sounds, Spinel," Pink began, slowly pulling her hand out of Spinel's grasp and taking a step back.

"I'm afraid that I can't today. Like I said, I've been really busy with my new planet recently, so—"

"Oh, well, maybe you could take us with you, then!" (Y/n) chimed in, her eyes sparkling with hope as Spinel gasped excitedly.

"Yes! Oh, please, please, please, please, please take us to your new planet, Pink!" Spinel begged, dropping to her knees comedically in front of the diamond and giving her puppy dog eyes.

Immediately, Pink's own eyes widened, and she looked away from the two; biting her lower lip as sweat trailed down the side of her face.

She couldn't bring them. It wasn't safe — especially with the whole war that she herself had started without anyone other than Pearl actually knowing.

"I'm . . . I'm sorry, you guys, but . . ." Pink winced guiltily the moment she saw the two gems visibly slump out of disappointment, ". . . I can't."

Not wanting to stick around and end up being guilted into changing her mind, Pink swirled around and began to make her way towards the warp pad. She cringed when she heard the familiar squeak of Spinel's footsteps begin to follow after her, yet she was quick to hide that expression away once (Y/n) twirled around and stopped in front of her; doing a small curtsey for dramatic effect.

"Why are you leaving so soon, Pink?" the mariposa asked, tilting her head to the side curiously and batting her long, curled lashes. "You just got here!"