2. The Sugar Soup

Started - 20th April, 21
Word count- 3335
Attached Song - Ok not to be Ok.

__________________

[Surfraaz Mehta]

The sun was hurriedly hiding behind a trail of colours, before dissolved. The colours were on a race. The red strongly heading the race. It was beautiful to sight, but somehow it made me recall the sorrows.

"You die every evening from darkness and I die everyday." I whispered, seeing the setting sun.

We are just so similar!

The dark alleys were running behind, surreptitious yet fast. The gale slapping upon my face, rolled over the length of my hair and tossed them, leisurely. The colossal canopies of the banyans occupied my vision from sighting the sky. It's darkness and beauty.

Nights are scary!

But, I've grown up loving nights because nights are comforting. They are healers. Nights have always made me feel loved and protected, like no one did ever for me. It made me amazed with it's unparalled beauty and sofistication; made me feel loved with its solitude and made me feel protected, hiding me from the cruel world in its dark ambience. It pampered me each day and made me love my own self, my own struggles and successes.

Driving through a narrow deserted lane, I rolled the glass windows down. Night ride gives you the utmost peace.
That's why, I said, night is another name of comfort. Comfort from your dilemmas, your miseries and your broken life.

The fast beating of my own heart wasn't unnoticed by me. I knew, it would because I am aware of all my heart's 'why's. And, no one else knows anything about it. That thought itself made me feel at peace.

Sometimes that's a blessing!

A blessing, because no one would humiliate or tease you for feeling what you feel. For no one has any idea about what's going on in your heart. And, sometimes that's essential.

Because, mental peace matters the most!

I could feel my poor heart palpitating faster. My eyes were glossy and my lips trembled. That twig of pain from that almost decayed era of my life has been hollowing me since decades. The pain was fresh, still.

I hopped off my car. My palm was shaking badly as it held onto the winter-touched silver gleaming body of my car. I leaned my back onto the cooling touch of the car as my eyes trailed ahead to the huge red sandstone mansion.

"Mehta's mansion", it read.

Maa, I wish, I could know how to make you proud of me!

Then, my eyes fell on the gold medal hanging around my neck.

'What's the purpose of this?', I wondered. Being an outsider in my own house had never hurt as much as today.

"Calm down, Shay. It's nothing new. You gotta deal with it, bravely." I sighed, exhaling through my mouth and advising myself.

'This too shall pass', I mumbled. Pain isn't forever, or is it? I had no idea.

'But, you can hope that better days are coming ahead. Can't you? Be optimistic.' My inner self again reminded me.

"I'm tired of being optimistic." I told to no one in particular.

"I'm tired of my own expectations. Because, everytime it wroughts me nothing, but disappointment." I said bitterly, sitting on the far end of the cliff, looking at the dark horizon. That is how, my life looked too. Dark and aimless!