55. Dissatisfied Hearts

Words count- 4160
Attached Song- Phir le aaya Dil.
____________

[ Surfraaz Mehta ]

"Bhavna" We heard the desperate calls of Raaz as each one of us shared a glance among ourselves.

Spontaneously, Raaz rushed out of the washroom with Bhavna in his arms, both of them thoroughly soaked. Zara and Aisha gasped together, seeing both of them emerging out of the washroom together. Raaz dressed just in his formal pants, he wore to hospital today while Bhavna was just in a towel, held gently in his arms by him as he kept murmuring sweet nothings to her.

"Bhav, rise up." He urged her, utterly defeated, his words quavering in cold as he settled her on the bed. He still didn't notice any of us at the door.

He was engaged rubbing her icy numb palms as he frequently patted her shoulder to awake her. His eyes red, concerned for Bhavna.

"Shay, what happened?" Priya asked, glancing at Bhavna in worry. But he was too occupied to answer. He rushed to surf through the cabinets of the cupboard to draw out the first aid box.

Raaz turned Bhavna to lie on her back, covering till her hips with the blanket. He mustered out her loosely falling over her back, sliding them to a side. And, We gasped.

Her back body had a deep and long vertical cut. Raaz loosened the knot of her towel discarding the bloodied shirt, circling her neck and pulled the wet towel out after arranging the blanket in a way that hid her naked body. The only exposed part was her the right half of her back.

Raaz was wiping the wound with alcohol dipped swab as he slid the cotton balls to absorb excess blood oozing out of her wound. He dipped another cotton ball in the liquid Betadine and tapped them gently on the cut to prevent infection, followed by ointments as he dressed the wound with surgical cloth tape, stuffed inside with cotton.

Disposing the used cotton balls and wraps in a polythene bag, he dismisded it in the garbage bin. He raised the dry blanket to cover her entirely. Holding her by her shoulder, he rolled her on the bed, enveloped in the blanket towards the clean, dry space of the medium-sized bed with the help of Kshiraj bhai. He folded the lehenga and put them on the couch.

He roamed his hands through the sideboard and threw out three towels. Priya swaddled her damp hair in the dry towel neatly, after gently rinsing her hair softly on the thin towel. He encased a towel above his waist and pulled out his drenched clothes as another towel masked his bare chest. He went inside to the small room beside with his bag. In the midst of this, my eyes struck on his back which had a scratched imprint of someone's nails.

Vyom Bhai opened the bathroom door. The shower cap was tumbled on the floor, water lavishing dislodging through the pipe, the white tiled floor printed with patterns by the passage of blood and water as the basket laid dishevelled on the centre.

What transpired between them all this while?

Simultaneously, Raaz came out dressed on a green ethnic wear, he recently purchased.

"Shay, how did she reach there?" Priya pointed at the bathroom.

"I don't know." He replied.

"How do you not know when you both were inside the same bathroom?" Aisha inquired.

"I really don't know. I was under the shower, when she entered the washroom and locked the door. I thought-" He paused as if he was about to say something, he shouldn't.

"What?" Aisha interjected.

"Nothing. I was also thinking the same." He uttered.

"Can you arrange clothes for her?" He asked Priya as she denied.