4. Complexities

Words count- 2070
Attached Song- Faasle by Kaavish.
___________

[Surfraaz Mehta]

"Trying to fix the pieces of your life?" I heard a soft and sweet voice from behind me.

I turned to see a girl wearing a maroon hoodie, her back was displayed to me.

"Who are you?" I asked, puzzled.

"A girl like you." She stated. As she looked by my side, I was enchanted.

She had those electric blue eyes, brown highlighted curls and that round expressive face. A true charmer, indeed.

Those eyes reminded me of my special person.

My princess.

"How are you like me?" I asked, intrigued.

"Normal human beings don't wander in such places at night. Those having heartaches find solace here." She laughed humourlessly.

"Sit here." She ordered, with that tint of tenderness.

"You think, you can help me out. Come on, you know nothing about me." I piped in with a small mirth.

"Boy, none can solve the problems of your life. Others can only provide you with tips and tricks, it is you, who is going to sail through this mess called life." She responded.

"So, what tip will you give me?" I questioned like a kid. There was another level of tranquillity, that covered us.

"You know what, life is complicated and this god is truly the weirdest person. He makes happier ones delighted, and the gloomy ones subdued in pain." She paused and took a look at the place.

"But, he will surely give you a chance to be happy, to be complete. You just need to recognise it and embrace it. Who knows, you mayn't get what you want today but you'll achieve it or something better tomorrow." She spoke with a smile. Her eyes were so soothing.

Though those blue orbs were a beautiful mystery, still there was so much hope in her eyes and in her heart. The positive aura radiating off her was making me optimistic of the future too.

"Thank you, your words are really a beautiful healer." I appreciated her.

"I hope, you will get your happiness soon." She whispered.

"Bye."

She just stood up and left. I saw her getting on the car and driving away. I drove back too and slept the night away, only for a storm to enter the following day.

Indeed, it was the calmness before the storm.

×× ××

Haldi wasn't that glamorous but, Mehendi was an event to watch. All the boys were just stalking one or another girl. It was less of mehendi, but more of stalking competition filled with age-old tips of all the oldies to Viraj on how to become a nice obedient husband and the pleading of some oldies to not give up his freedom. I was barely a part of anything, neither did anyone tried hard to include me. I was just like another guest in the wedding.