65. I Want You Back

Words Count- 3300
Attached Song - Rozana
____

Surfraaz

Each moment slipped away in a spell of trepidation as I gazed at her, unblinking. I was afraid, if I even blinked, she will slip away as well like the passing time.

I felt the beating of her heart as I sat on the same bed, she was laying on, after placing her head on my lap. Sighing, I hugged her face gently to feel her presence as the same horrid images of her fighting for life on that white tiled floor haunted me, moving in my mind like a lucid, scary film.

"What was wrong with you?" I murmured as I pressed a kiss on her forehead and cheeks.

At the same time, my mind hit all the possible situations that could've compelled her to take this step, but, I could find none. I was no more engaged to Bhavna, if that was her concern. We called it off mutually at her cousin's wedding in the presence of her close-knit family, since many were even unaware of it. Other than that, the only plausible reason I could find was her miscarriage, but, she was healing well in the last three weeks.

"Why would you, Neha?" I whispered to her again, trying my best to come up with anything that could've triggered her.

"I don't know where I went wrong. I'm sorry." My eyes shut down in fear and exhaustion as Arjun and Urmi flashed in my eyes.

Please, don't take her too...

"You are the only reason I live for, Neha. Don't give up on me. I swear, we will work all the odds out." I pledged as I kissed her palms before drowsing on the headrest of the bed.

Unknown to me, I slipped into the land of a restless slumber, not before my fingers intertwined with hers.

Neha

My eyes opened to a firm grip on my fingers. I tugged my hand a little to see his fingers intertwined with mine as he slept, resting his upper body on the headrest. I smiled a little seeing his face as my fingers itched to caress his sleepy visage. But, then, I couldn't.

I simply sat up and saw him jolting to consciousness at my slight movement as he stared at me, cautiously.

"What happened? Are you fine?" I nodded meekly at his words as he breathed heavy.

I looked around nervously as I felt it was already night. I was still coming back to awareness, when he embraced me, unexpectedly making me lose a few heartbeats.

"How dare you pull such a stunt, Neha?" I heard him hiss as he breathed above the skin of my neck, a slight tingling fluttering my mind, though I tried my best not to be affected.

"I'm sorry," I whispered back, withdrawing from his arms before I could burst into tears.

"What is it that is troubling you, Neha?" I asked her rigidly as she looked away.

"It's alright, Raaz." I murmured, my eyes falling in my palm.

"Remember, I am always here. Just never ever even try of think of it again." My eyes focused on my palm as my eyes teared up.

Saying so, he left to complete his remaining words while, I sat back.

Till the noon, I was being pampered as I looked weak as per my mother. When the afternoon arrived, Bhavna heralded her arrival.