49. Something's Better Left Unsaid

Words Count - 3465
Attached Song - In my blood
_____

[ Neha Mehra ]

As we ascended, fear gripped me as the height terrified me. I closed my eyes to stop my eyes from looking down.

"Neha" Raaz shouted from behind.

"See down."

"No. I will fall down." I shouted back as my body felt tensed because I was too scared to even move a muscle.

"Relax yourself. Breath evenly. I won't let you fall. Trust me." He encouraged me.

"Now look down. That's the river we are going to sail through tomorrow." I just unbolted one of my eyes and saw the lengthy river looking like a single thread from above.

"The land is so haphazard. The river looks so small." I exclaimed.

"Synonymously, sometimes all that looks clear can be the messiest in reality and the issues that look big to us can be so small of an issue for another person." I heard him saying loudly, his voice cutting through the blowing wind. We jumped as we came near the cliff again.

"This called the act of balancing pressure and forces in life by exerting or withdrawing force and pressure on the existing ones." He said as his hand held mine, walking towards others.

We sat near the bonfire at the night time to get to know each other well. This game reminded me of my second meet with Raaz. I was still oblivious to the fact, how he knew so much about me beforehand. That was also the special day, we marked the beginning of our friendship.

"So, we will be grouping into 3 groups having 3 each. One will not play the game, but will guide everyone." Priya informed.

"In a group, there would be 2 people as M.C (Mighty checkers) and a M.A (Most Assaulted). M.C would be given the task of framing questions for the M.A, who is bound to answer all the questions. The chief, the one who wouldn't play is going to be in charge of the bowl having all the name chits."Saanvi told us.

"I will be the chief." Daksh and Vyom Bhai said spontaneously.

"Daksh will be the chief." Priya said in a tone that meant no further discussion.

"How will we decide who would be M. C and M.A?" I asked.

"The chief will have the bowl with name chits, he will pick up three chits first. They will the head of the teams. Then, he will pick two chits together for three times, based on that head will decide which two person will be in his/her team." Priya answered my query. We stood in a horizontal queue.

" Daksh pick up four chits." Saanvi ordered. Daksh picked up four chits as told and arranged them on the table.

"Priya, Vyom, Zara are the team heads." Daksh said as three of them stood out.

" Now pick two chits each for four times." Priya directed Daksh.

"First one has Raaz and Saanvi." Daksh declared. It felt bad that we were not on a team.

"Second one has Neil and Kshiraj."

"Third one has the names of Neha and Aisha." Ugh! Aisha doesn't like me either.

"Priya, which one would you choose?" Daksh asked.

"Shay and Saanvi." She spoke.

"I will choose Neil and Kshiraj." Vyom Bhai replied. So, I and Aisha were paired with Zara.