19. Bothered

Words Count - 3236
Attached Song - Mere Bina
___________
[Neha Mehra]

'A bed of roses' is what my life has been for ages. A protective and over friendly dad, a loving mother and an irritating monkey as a brother are my dearest and nearest ones, whom I call my 'home sweet home'. Whereas, I am the 'Pampered princess' of my Dad.

From my high school days, the only dream, my eyes glittered with was to become a doctor and earn my crush.

Life can be a trouble packet, sometimes. Makes you work hard, harder and even, the hardest. Later, leaves you in the midst of the journey, completely clueless of your next track.Same was the road of my life. I travelled and toiled as much as I could to become doctor. A renowned and reputed one.

My parents had always wanted me to be the daughter-in-law of the Mehtas'.Reading Viraj's business articles, giving him visits once in a while to socialising with him on social media platforms, I didn't leave any stone unturned to impress him.

Finally, I won. Only to be tagged as a loser on the very day of the wedding. Then, the man whom I never hoped to see again came upfront to marry me. Still, I've been trying to get Viraj because I feel Viraj and Kiara are not on a good term with each other. But, I achieved nothing.

I had no idea that the hotel incident was just a mere confusion until one day. The day Naina saw me at a conference, she literally barked at me, reprimanding me for my foolish folly.

Ultimately, everything was falling in its place. I wanted Viraj. Surfraaz confessed that he was just infatuated with me. But last night left me, quite puzzling. I don't even know why I felt anger gushing over me seeing the Caller Id.

I was frustrated.

I love Viraj, then, why was I bothered with Raaz's matters?

But, what if I've started to feel something for Raaz?

No!

I can't fall for him. He doesn't love me. He loves someone else.

Why is this 'love' so confusing?

Clutching my hair tightly with all these thoughts acquiring my head, I opened my eyes groggily, snuggling to the warm bed.

Wait a minute!

How did the blue bed sheet turn white overnight?

Something coiled around me and jumped off the warm bed, afraid out of my wits.

"What were you doing under me?" I screamed as soon as I saw Raaz.

"I was practicing 'balance a body' the whole night." He said with a sickly sweet smile.

Last night, I slept on his lap. But, he left sneakily to call that bloody princess. Then, I caught him red-handed and brought a rope to tie his hand.

"Can her highness be a little considerate enough to move to her side of bed?" He whispered, grinding his teeth.

"Only on one condition?" I put forward my request, confidently.

"Please, go ahead. Take some pain to convey it." He expressed in his overly sweet tone, which made me cringe.

"We will go out on sight-seeing." I asked him with my most appealing puppy eyes and a cute pout. A trail of coughs erupted from him as he looked at me and mumbled sternly, "Alright".

I turned over to leave. But, he grabbed me by my waist like a sac of feathers and plopped me down on the bed again. I felt my cheeks on fire as my stupid heart was busy pumping loads of blood promptly. He was dangerously close to my face.