30. Muddy Imprints

Words Count - 3890
Attached Song - Love Potion.
________
[Surfraaz Mehta]

"Hey Bhai. How are you?" I exclaimed as he picked up his phone in the third ring. I was really worried for some queer reason.

"I am good. Just came to the food junction to carry panipuri for your Bhabhi. Okay, leave that and answer me about your whereabouts?" He asked, concerned.

"You are going through the golden times of your life, huh? Bearing a pregnant woman! I told you right, I am in Pune." I answered, quite promptly. I couldn't say him that I was here to treat Aisha as there was an abrupt bleeding in her operated wound on the gun shot area.

"And, how long are you planning to stay there? Come over soon. My life has been in ruins since you left. That time I had to bear only one woman but now two. God is so cruel on me!" He muffled, faking a cry. Such a dramaqueen!

"Wow, Is my wife troubling you so much, huh?" I jested heartily, chuckling.

"You won't believe, my wife is pregnant but the mood swings of your wife are insanely crazy. I swear, if you make any more delay, I will go mad out of their craziness." He hissed. I laughed, but stopped suddenly as a thought went across my head.

"Bhai, Is Neha angry? She neither picks up my calls nor replies to my texts. What's up with her?" I wished for a sluggish answer, nothing serious.

"Nothing serious, she is just having a lots of work lately. She spends the most of her day in the hospital. By the way, she got a picture of princess yesterday and was prodding us to tell her about her." My heart thumped for a moment and I stood up, shocked.

"What? But, How? Uhm- what did you say her?" I was still in shock on how did she found Saanvi's photograph.

"We didn't say anything to her, but you need disclose it soon. You know, secrets eats relations and who knows it, better than me. But, mind you, say it soon because she seemed upset." He advised.

"I want to. But, I know how much it would hurt her! It feels like I am still not ready to speak it out. I sometimes feel, why shouldn't it stay in the past like it has been for all these years? Past only gives us pain, then, why carve it open?" I hushed out my mind's thoughts.

"Dear, you never know when the past knocks down your present into pieces. So, a relationship should be given birth in the happy present with a clear past and assured future. And, don't you visit her anymore then, how is that past gone, when you still cling onto it?" His question put my sluggish self in a fix. It was kinda a mirror of reality, which I was afraid to face.

"Okay, I will tell her soon. But, she shouldn't get to know about 'Saanvi' and angel herself." It was more like an assurance to myself, than to him. I will try best to keep her apart from every single thing that can break her.

"Okay. Talk to you later." He mused and I too wished the same, before winding up the call. I scrolled through the texts I had sent her in these few days which got no replies.

I remembered that she has got some important works for today so, she would travel somewhere. I called at her hospital, only to know that there was no such conferences arranged for today. Today, I had to go to Mumbai to meet my lifelines, my heart always turns delighted whenever my mind crosses their name and pull my cheek muscles into a radiant smile.

I was pulling my socks out at the doorstep, after parking the car when my lady luck pounced upon me, mercilessly.

"I missed you so damn much, dude." She exclaimed, surprised.

"How are you? And, how's my baby?" I asked as soon as I put my foot down on the living room.

" You just love your baby, not her mother. So bad! Shoo away, I won't talk with you." She said with a frown. I laughed earning a glare from her. I pulled her into a hug and pinched her cheeks letting her give away a 'oww'.