~ ONE | 1 ~

"You're making him cry, Kacchan. If you don't stop, then I'll stop you myself" I heard in the distance

"Hey! Leave the boy alone!" I shouted and ran over to where a fight was blossoming

    That was the start of Izuku and I's friendship. 

    From then on, the two of us were practically inseparable. We had introduced our parents to one another and they became good friends, which made it so we spent even more time together. 

    All throughout school, we were in the same classes. The teachers probably got annoyed at us for causing disruptions but in the moment we didn't care. 

    Izuku was quirkless, so I always protected him. It's not like I had to, he was an emotionally strong kid and I knew he could take it but I didn't like seeing kids picking on my best friend. So, with my quirk I did my best to protect him. Though I did get beat down a lot, we told each other that we'd go to UA High together and get stronger so the bullies couldn't pick on us anymore.

    And now here we are, at the gates of UA. We had both been accepted into the hero course and we couldn't be happier. We walked up the classrooms doors.

"This door sure is huge, I wonder if there's giants here like Mount Lady's quirk I mean It's not like it'd be impossible but it is a str-" Izuku started mumbling to himself

"AYO STOP"

"Ahh sorry"

    We opened the door and suddenly all eyes were on him.

"It's him" I heard someone mutter before someone came up and started walking robotically towards Midoriya

    He started talking to Izuku about something to do with being superior, I zoned out and scanned the classroom for any familiar faces. I spotted Katsuki Bakugou. I glared hard at him when he looked my way. He was the main one who liked to pick on Izuku and I.

    I heard yelling behind me and looked over to see a yellow caterpillar looking man laying on the ground.

"Uh- Hi?" I raised my eyebrow

    He got out of his sleeping bag and I noticed him right away, I remembered Izuku had talked about him one night when we up late and doing hero studies. 

"I'm your teacher. You can call me Mr. Aizawa. Quick, put these on and meet me outside"

"Yes sir" we all spoke in unison before heading to find the changing rooms

"Hey, we should all go to the mall after school to get to know each other!" Someone who was pink exclaimed 

"Yes! That's a great idea!" someone answered

    I got lost in my own world as I put my gym uniform on. I followed the crowd outside and we all stood together in an oval like shape. 

"This is going to be a quirk assessment test. There will be 8 trials. Oh and also, whoever comes in last place will be expelled; effective immediately" Mr. Aizawa explained

    We all went on, trail after trail doing what we were told to do. Because we were on campus we were allowed to use our quirks as much as we wanted. When it got to the softball throw, I watched Izuku closely. I hadn't been in the same training ground he was in during the entrance exams so I've never actually been able to see his quirk in action. 

    He threw the softball with all of his might, it went flying and he got .1 more than Bakugou's score. I smirked at him before my eyes widened at his broken finger. He gave me a reassuring smile before turning to Mr. Aizawa and giving him of piece of his mind. I was off in my own world, my turn was next and I was a little nervous. What was the best option?

"Y/N. You're up" Mr. Aizawa said

    I nodded and walked over to the circle. He handed me a softball and I took a deep breath in. I concentrated before creating a supersized paper butterfly. It grabbed the softball and started flying away. After a while it had got far enough that I got infinity, the same as the gravity girl who I had come to learn that her name was Ururaka.

    After a few more students, the day came to an end.

"By the way, I was just joking about the last place being expelled. That was a simple way to make sure you used your quirk to it's fullest potential" he explained while smiling, it was kind of scary though

    Izuku was given a pass to go see recovery girl, we were dismissed for the rest of the day so I went to go check on him. I walked in and saw him sitting on a bed talking to a walking noodle.

"Thanks A-" he noticed me

"-Auncle. Yup, uncle" 

"How's the finger?"

"Oh it's fine now thanks to recovery girl" he held up his finger and wiggled it around to show me that it was okay. 

"That's good. Well I'm going to head home now so-"

"Can you wait for like 5 minutes?" he cut me off

"Sure" I smiled and walked outside the door and waited for him to come out

    As soon as the clock said it had been 6 minutes, I started walking away to piss him off.

"I thought you were going to wait?"

"You said 5 minutes, it's been 6" I smirked

"I WAS LITERALLY ONLY A FEW SECONDS OFF GIVE ME A BREAK" he said rather loudly before running over to where I was and laughing with me