03

BEFORE ANY BOY COULD SPEAK, dr.lee and dr.kim entered the room ushering donghyuck and jaemin back to the seoul police department.

it was startling to every boy but especially donghyuck and jaemin. they thought for maybe once in their life, they could stay somewhere.

have a home.

even if they hid their pain of leaving these boys, who they were honestly quite fond of, well. it was still there. both donghyuck and jaemin and just wanted a stable home.

the most stable thing they've had in the past 17 years is the police department. to have a dorm with these boys, to maybe just maybe get a family or a lover out of it. they couldn't ask for more.

chenle started shaking as he saw the boys get dragged out of the room. the way they were pulled, feet stumbling, silent cusses to the officers, and the slight yell as jaemin's hair gets pulled when he falls behind.

the young boys breath was quickening harshly and he felt sobs build up in his throat unable to be let go. the combination of his already shorten breaths and sobs being held back, he had started choking.

dr. kim had noticed the boy choking but he had to go speak with the police. he tapped renjun on the shoulder before he left pointing at chenle.

"chenle!" renjun had exclaimed, dropping to the floor to sit with the orange haired male.

"chenle, look at me. it's ge-ge. renjun-ge. can you take a few deep breath's for me? i know it's hard but you have to breathe" renjun spoke in chinese.

the remaining boys weren't quite sure what was happening. overwhelmed by marks storytelling, donghyuck and jaemin being hastily escorted, and then a panicking boy on the floor.

chenle had finally taken a few deep breaths and his breathing was becoming more stable, albeit still shaky.

"your doing great, lele. do you need some water?" renjun asked, rubbing the youngers back.
chenle nodded.

"jeno, can you get some water for chenle?" renjun asked, slightly startling the boy. he nodded rushing out the room to the water fountain.

"h-hyung?" jisung piped up looking at the shaking boy on the floor.

"hmm?"

"wh-what's wrong with, lele?" he asked looking at the pale boy.

"he had a panic attack, love. i think the police scared him." renjun explained as the younger chinese boy moved to sit in his lap, crying.

"how-how can i help him?" jisung asked knowing he wouldn't like the answer.

"i think right now he just needs a hug and some reassurance. i know  you don't touch people so how about you just talk to him, hmm?" the elder said, jeno walking in with water in his hands at the tale end.

after the boys had managed to calm chenle down. the five of them sat quite awkwardly, eyeing each-other up and down. chenle was basically asleep in renjun's lap, jeno was helping renjun reposition so he didn't break his back, mark was taking a nap and probably breaking his neck. and then there was jisung. jisung was thinking.

meanwhile jaemin and donghyuck had just arrived at the police department, jaemin was silently crying and donghyuck just wanted to hug the boy.

once they made it to their cell and were let out of their handcuffs, the two hugged tightly. jaemin straddling donghyuck as he cried into his shoulder.

"he-he looks just like her." jaemin hiccuped as donghyuck rubbed his back.

"who nana? who looks like who?" donghyuck asked, smiling into jaemin's neck.

"officer na j-joochan, he looks just like mom...my mom." jaemin cried harder tightly squeezing his hands into fists.

"nana. look at me. let your hand relax." donghyuck said pushing jaemin so he could see his face and grabbing his hands.

donghyuck slowly unfolded jaemin's fingers, rubbing where his nails had started to cut the skin of his palms.

"we will get out of here, nana. i can promise you that." he smiled placing jaemin's hands around his waist, placing a soft kiss on his temple.

"hyuck, thank you for being my best friend." jaemin said leaning his head into donghyucks neck.

"of course nana. i'll always be here for you. after you found me crying outside that building i always knew. you're my best friend." he mumbled sheepishly rubbing jaemin's back softly.

"forever?" the boy asked childishly.

"forever." the other chuckled, closing his eyes.

"awwww so cute. get up." officer jeon growled opening the cell door.

"what?" donghyuck asked shocked.

"those doctors, they got you out. you're going to be staying at the hospital with them and some other boys." jeon explained, letting the boys stand up as he spoke.

"they also said something about us scaring another wimpy boy so don't talk to badly about us."

"no promises mr. jeon." jaemin smirked putting a hand around donghyuck's waist as they strutted out of the room.

"boys!" dr. lee said excitedly waiting for them by the door.

"hello, dr. lee." they bowed in unison.

the trio walked to join dr. kim in the car.

"so are you two a couple?" dr. lee asked gesturing at their current position.

"no we aren't. just best friends" jaemin explained, as they sat in the back of the car.

those words stayed in donghyucks mind for a few minutes. brewing up the right sentence to somehow explain the relationship of him and jaemin.

"no, not best friends...family." donghyuck added smiling slightly.

"yeah...family."