11

it was as if the world had stopped turning.  zhong chenle spoke. renjun leaped over to the boy, wrapping him in a tight hug. completely forgetting about his panic attack for a minute, donghyuck and jaemin slowly joined the hug, whispering compliments to the orange haired boy. mark and jeno were cautiously making sure jisung was okay. and chenle, he was ecstatic. 

"you did great, lele." renjun said in chinese, running a hand through the youngers, somehow still slightlly damp hair. 

it had been a long day. 

just like he always had, lee donghyuck woke up at 6:00 a.m. he sat up in his bed, glanced over at mark who was sleeping in the bed across from him, and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. 

at 6:15 a.m. donghyuck was sat at the kitchen table, wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a light brown t-shirt. he would start cooking at 6:20 a.m. , aproximatley 3 minutes before renjun and jaemin would walk in after waking the other members. 

donghyuck, always had a perfect schedule. his routine was planned to a t. if he had free time, he would do things he didn't want to do. 

when he and jaemin tried to burn down the SM building, their plan was to die while doing so. donghyuck, wanted to die. and jaemin went no where (except those 5 months in juvy) without donghyuck. 

he knew it was bad, that he, lee donghyuck, haechan, the sunshine of everyone's day, wanted to die. but he did. 

and he tried so many times, to make that wish come true, but he never succeeded, because of the only family he had left, na jaemin. 

' "hyuck! get down from there! please~" jaemin cried, sobs wracking his body. "look, hyuckie, i know you're struggling really bad right now, but please, get down!" 

donghyuck hated when jaemin sobbed. he slowly stepped off the ledge and walked towards jaemin. the younger enclosed donghyuck into a tight hug. 

"you and me, hyuck-ah. remember that." he mumbled as they started walking down the stairs. ' 

"so what's for breakfast today?" mark asked, sitting at the counter watching donghyuck intently. 

"french toast and sausage. i made bacon too though, i'm not sure what your preferances are." he responded, carefully cracking an egg. 

"i love french toast." mark smiled, studying donghyuck's face intently. 

"good, oh and dr. lee said our check in's will be every week instead of everyday, but there will be personal check-in's with one of us daily." the smaller smiled as the other boys sat at the table. 

"bon appiteit, motherfuckers." he announced proudly. 

jeno was grateful that donghyuck made them food, of course he was, but god did he hate it. it wasn't bad food,  actually jeno would've perfered if it sucked. but no, this was the best fucking food jeno had ever tasted, he hated that it was so good, he finished the whole plate. 

his mind was screaming at him, 'you're eating to much, fatty.' 

'look at jaemin and renjun, look at how skinny they are, you won't be like them if you eat like this.' 

'stop eating.' 

jeno tried his hardest to listen, maybe they would shut up if he listened, but he couldn't, he finished two pieces of french toast and two pieces of bacon. he hadn't eaten that much since he was eleven, when his brother, ten, treated him to his friend yuta's cooking. 

across from him, jaemin and renjun were proud. their jeno was finally eating. 

wait-their jeno? 

renjun and jamein exchanged eye contact, it was like they could read each others minds. "uh, jaemin will you come talk with me for a sec." renjun mumbled, standing up and walking back to his bedroom. 

"what the fuck." jaemin mumbled, as they stood facing each other. 

"am-am i the only one who said, ou-ur jeno?" renjun stuttered, eyes on the ground. 

jaemin shook his head. 

"b-but if jeno was ours tha-that would mean we-we were-" before renjun could stop, jaemin did it. 

he softly grabbed renjun's jaw, and he kissed him. 

jisung and chenle were quietly eating their food, listening to the others talk and avoiding eye contact. jisung was startled when the first thing in four years chenle said was his name. his nickname. the moment kept replaying in his head. 

the way the chinese boy said his name, it made jisung feel something he had never felt before. it scared him, what power did chenle have over him to make him feel this way, he didn't even know what it was. 

chenle on the other hand, was startled because of the way his voice sounded, it didn't sound the way he remembered. the way xukun convinced him, it sounded normal, a little hoarse, but normal. it wasn't annoyingly high pitched like xukun convinced him. 

jeno went to put his plate in the sink, when he saw it, when not only the plate he was holding but his heart, shattered. 

renjun and jaemin were kissing.