25

mark froze, and he let donghyuck walk away. the tanned male who made his heart feel away he hadn't felt since mina.

mina, god did mark love mina. they were perfect for each other, in every way but one. mina was a lesbian.

when mark found out, he was so happy that his best friend was comfortable enough to tell him, that she could be so proud in herself. mark knew she deserved it, hell mina's girlfriend, bora, even called mark the lesbian protector.

but part of mark hated mina for being a lesbian. he knew that he couldn't change her and that she couldn't control it but mark was in love with her.

just like he's in love with lee donghyuck.

"come on, sir, please." doyoung begged in the staff meeting, their ceo had just confirmed the closing of nct mental hospital.

"dr. kim, the decision is final. all patients will be discharged by friday." the ceo spoke, slamming his hand into the desk.

"sir, you don't understand, the patients need us." nurse irene begged, her team adding silent comments of agreement.

"IRENE! do you really think this was ever for the patients?!" the ceo shouted, looking towards them all.

"as i said before, sir, to us, it always has been." irene shouted back, standing from her chair.

"inform your patients of the closing by friday, the day they leave." the ceo insisted standing up and leaving.

"how could someone be so evil? to do this to these boys..." nurse joy sighed, running a hand through her hair. "there's no way felix and chan will get better by them selves."

"our group of boys...im worried, they all have formed strong bonds with each other i don't think it will end well." taeyong sighed leaning back in his chair and undoing his tie.

"well they're all from seoul arent they? they can still visit." wendy asked, trying to make everything better.

"chenle and renjun will go back to china, jeno might be with chenle and mr. qian but i doubt it. donghyuck and jaemin will go back to jail, jisung will be with his caretaker but they live in itaewon. and mark will probably go back to canada." doyoung explained, rubbing his temples.

"oh god no, the only ones that might be okay are chenle and renjun." joy commented.

"yeah and they aren't even that close with eachother, there's like 4 main connections in the group." taeyong cursed.

"which are?" yerim asked curiously.

"there's the romantic ones, jeno, renjun and jaemin, and mark and donghyuck. then the obliviously in love ones jisung and chenle, and then the best friends , jaemin and donghyuck." doyoung commented, they knew a lot about their boys.

"jaemin and donghyuck will be together, that's good." wendy hesitantly smiled.

"yeah together in prison." seulgi scoffed, "i hate that man with my entire being." she motioned to the ceo's office.

"come on seulgi, we have to check on seungmin." irene sighed, dragging the girl behind her, even though they had just checked on seungmin.

jaemin was fuming. he was going to murder mark lee. it was that simple. donghyuck had burst into his, jisung, and chenle's room in tears.

"i-i'm so stupid jaem...i thought the kiss meant something...i-i-i can't jaem, this was my chance a-at happiness and i blew it." donghyuck hiccuped, hitting himself as he spoke.

"haechannie~, stop hitting yourself. you didn't do anything wrong, i promise." jaemin comforted, pulling his best friend into a hug.

"i'm so stupid..." donghyuck hiccuped again, hurting his head into the crook of jaemin's neck.

"hey-hey, hyuckie, look at me. you are not stupid." jaemin said, holding onto the boys shoulders.

"h-how's sungie?" donghyuck asked, not having the energy to argue with jaemin on how the boy was wrong.

"he's okay. jeno and chenle got him." jaemin smiled, they all had grown to care about each other quite a lot.

"where's renjun?" donghyuck questioned, he had become very fun of the short male.

"showering." jaemin said, nodding his head towards the bathroom door.

"jaem?"

"yes, hyuckie?"

"can we go eat ice cream?"

"we have some in the fridge." jaemin smiled, grabbing his best friends hand as they went to go eat their hearts out.

when dr. lee and dr. kim left the meeting it really kicked in. they would have to discharge the boys in two days. this family they brought together, and who have helped each other through so much.

they were going to have to tear it apart, but the doctors had trust their boys would find away to stay with each other.

they had to have trust in the boys, because they had no way of helping them keep this family together.

too bad that when they walked into the boys home, they saw it was already falling apart.

the boys would stay a family, right?