21

it was meeting day, the day they all dreaded. yet it was what brought them all together. they all stumbled in, chenle talking jisung's ear off about his best friend hendery, jisung smiling because the boy he cared for more than anything was finally talking, renjun and jaemin were clinging on to jeno's sides, donghyuck was shyly holding mark's hand.

"good morning, boys!" dr. kim smiled, sitting in a chair, dr. lee following closely.

"good morning, dr. kim." they all chorused, a smile shining on the doctors faces at the progress their boys had made.

"donghyuck, you will be sharing first today." dr. lee said, sitting next to dr. kim.

"oh, okay. uhm i've-i've been singing more, i loved singing but after what happened, i never really sang anymore." he said cautiously, mark comfortingly rubbing his thumb over the boys hand.

"after what happened?"

"after dada died." donghyuck said, tears starting to stream.

"when did your dada die?" renjun asked softly. he had really grown to admire donghyuck.

"when i was nine, about ten years ago. after mama left when we took jaemin in, he was all i had left other than jaemin, and we had been living together for three years then...i always felt bad for jaemin, for losing his mother and never knowing his father, because i had both. and even though my mom had her flaws, she loved me so much. and my dada was-he was everything a father should be...but then i lost him." donghyuck said voice shaking.

"i'm so sorry to hear that, donghyuck. you're so brave for telling us and dealing with all that at such a young age." dr. lee smiled pitifully.

"it's ok, i-i had nana, and there is nothing more i could ask for in that situation." he said, cracking a smile at the boy across from him.

"oh, hyuck....you're dada was a great man, and you're so much like him, donghyuck-ah." jaemin said voice cracking. "he loved you so much. and i know that he is so proud of how far you've come."

"he wouldve loved to see how we've grown, maybe without the criminal record though, i know he would've loved you guys..." donghyuck smiled looking at the boys next to him.

"he seems like he was a great man, donghyuck. what was his name?" dr. kim asked, tears pricking his eyes he could tell how much his dad meant to him.

"his name was juyeon, lee juyeon. he-he had another kid before me with a different women, he's named after my dada but i've never met him."

"juyeon-ssi is so proud of you, i know it." mark stated, squeezing donghyuck's hand.

"definitely." the others agreed.

dr. lee taeyong and dr. kim doyoung were walking back to their office after the session with the boys, while donghyuck's story was emotional that wasn't the only reason doyoung was crying.

"we can't let them do this taeyong." he insisted, slamming his papers onto his desk, "they can't close the hospital."

"we can't do anything about it, youngie. the owner wants it shut down and we don't have the funds to open our own." taeyong sighed, wheeling his chair over to the younger doctor.

"what about the boys? i know we're doctors and-and we aren't supposed to get attached to patients but what-what's going to happen to them when we close?" doyoung started, grabbing taeyong's hand.

"are-are chenle and renjun expected to go back to china? you and i both know that chenle willl never get better without jisung by his side, and renjun only really trusts jeno and jaemin...and-and jaemin and donghyuck they don't have any family they're in contact with are they just supposed to go back to prison? they both will have killed themselves immediately. jisung doesn't have any family either i think he's living with a friend but the court won't except that, mark has johnny but with hyuck in jail i don't know what would happen to him, and-and jeno has yongqin but with jaemin in jail and renjun in china i don't think he'll do well. and i know that it isn't good that they're so reliant on eachother but it's the only thing that working and-and-" doyoung rambled.

"kim doyoung. what is that we always say?" taeyong asked, putting his hands on the bunny like boys shoulders.

"fuck sm?"

"no- the other one." taeyong laughed at the stupidity of the other.

"we'll cross that bridge when we get to it..." doyoung sighed, rubbing his temples.

"yes, i know you are worried but we will deal with the boys when we are sure the hospital is closing. i am just as worried about the boys, especially about everything you just said, but we have to wait, we can not make them panic over something that is unknown."

"dr. lee taeyong and dr. kim doyoung, the ceo would like to speak to you." the head nurse, irene, said leaning on the door frame with a pitiful look.