Chapter 10

Natsu's POV

The week was going great. We had gone to as much places we could in Bora Bora as the week was going by.

I was going back to our room with our drinks; my drink was champagne while Luce's was sparkling cider. As I came back into our room, I handed her drink to her while I drank mine. "Here you are, Mrs. Dragneel." I said with a smile. I could say it a million times and I'd never get tired of calling her Mrs. Dragneel. She giggled and gladly took it. "Why thank you, Mr. Dragneel."

We were enjoying out time together before Luce suddenly got a call. She got up and went into the bathroom to answer it. I could tell from the other room that she was upset. When she finally came back into the room, I saw faint streams of tears on her cheeks. I was confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked, messaging her arm as a sign of comfort. She sighed, looking up at me. "My dad's in the hospital right now. He fell and wasn't able to breathe." I sighed sadly and hugged her tightly. "Do you want to go and see him?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded. I smiled and we packed up our things.

Once we got our things, we went to the front and checked out. Luce was booking us the flight while we were on our way to the airport.

Once we arrived, we waited until they called our plane on the intercom. We got in our seats and waited to get back home. Luce was fiddling with her hands as the plane was ascending. I placed my hand on her thigh and squeezed gently. " You need to relax. Take a little nap, okay?" She nodded and laid her head on my lap, instantly falling asleep. I chuckled lightly and ran my fingers through her hair.

'She's so beautiful' I thought with a sweet smile as I admired her sleeping soundly.

Time Skip🕑After the Plane Ride

Lucy's POV

I woke up with my head laying in Natsu's lap. I smiled, feeling his large, gentle hands running through my soft hair.

I slowly blinked my eyes open to stare up at him. He noticed, smiling sweetly at me. "Good morning." He chuckled, kissing my forehead lightly. "Man, to you really needed that nap." He stated. I was confused. "How long was I out?" I asked, slowly sitting up. I then realized we weren't on the plane anymore. "We're at the hospital now." I chuckled, sighing.

"Speaking of, how was your nap?" He asked me. I stretched. "It was great." He smiled. I then realized what we were here for. "Oh my god! How's my dad? Is he okay?" I began asking. Natsu calmed me down. "Don't worry. He's fine. I was waiting for you to wake up to go see him." I then stood up, grabbing his hand. "Well, where is he?" As of on cue, my mother approached us, her eyes red and puffy. I noticed this and held her in a tight embrace.

"Hey, mom. How's dad?" I asked her. She smiled sadly. "I'll take you to him. He's doing fine." I sighed and we followed her to my father's room.

He greeted us with a sickly smiled. I smiled back at him. I hugged him lightly and looked up at him. "How are you doing?" I questioned. "I'm doing okay. How was your honeymoon?" I smiled and looked over at Natsu before looking back at him. "It went really great. We had a great time." A small tear trickled down my cheek.

My dad smiled and wiped away my tear. "I know honey. It's hard to let go. But I'll be okay." Even though he was clearly in pain, he still managed to smile lovingly. I forced a smile onto my face, trying not to break down from the pain. He placed his hand on top of mine. He reassuringly squeezed with as much strength he had. I faked a smile before backing up next to Natsu.

My father coughed intensely, scaring me slightly. He slowly calmed down and smiled. My mother grinned and held his face in her hands. "Rest now, dear. You need it." He nodded and immediately fell asleep. Natsu put one hand around my shoulder and the other on my belly. He rubbed both slightly, comforting me.

We left the room slowly, trying not to wake him up. My mother looked over at me. "I know it's hard seeing your dad this way. I wish I didn't have to see him like this." She looked down in shame. I smiled and hugged her. "Don't worry about it, mom. We'll always have each other." She hugged me tightly, crying on my shoulder.

I caressed her back gently, trying to to break down in tears as well. After a while, she sniffled, forcing a smile. I returned it and let her go.

She left to my father's room whil Natsu and I headed to our car. As we drove home, it was silent. I couldn't tell if it was comfortable or awkward, but all I knew is that I didn't want to talk.

Once we arrived, Natsu headed to the pets while I tiredly walked upstairs to our room. I sat down on the bed, resting my head on the window seal. I sat there, zoning out into my own thoughts as I wondered what I would do without my father.

Sure, we've had some rough patches in the past; everyone does, but we've always been able to look over those times.

It may have seemed like I made him out to be the bad guy at first, but he's actually been there for me more than my mom. I've dealt with bullies, heartbreak, depression, and through all of that, my dad was always there to pick me up.

He helped me get out of my depressive state when no one else could. Now that he's dying, I don't know how I'll survive.

I was awakened from my deep thoughts by a knock on the door. I turned around to find the only other person that can do those things for me; Natsu. "Hey, you okay?" He asked me. I stayed silent for a little, thinking. I sighed and smiled, nodding. "I'm okay." He gave me a half smiled and trapped me in a tight embrace. I held onto him like it was the last day on earth.

I smiled again. 'As long as I have him, I'll be okay.'

To Be Continued...

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this short little chapter. I sure did. I'm probably gonna cry since there's only like four chapters left. Also, sorry for the chapter being so short. I didn't have time to write more this chapter, but it's good nonetheless. I hope you all have a good day!

Peace out!✌️