Chapter 12

Normal POV

Lucy lie awake in bed, listening to the crickets in the night along with the soft snores of her husband, Natsu. A few months had passed, and she was now about 4 months pregnant. Her belly was barely showing, the baby being about the size of a pomegranate.

She had a nightmare that night, about her father's death. It's been hard for her too cope with this, but she's been trying her hardest for the baby's sake.

Natsu had made an appointment for a psychiatrist. She dreaded going, but she knew it would be better for her. Though she wanted to, her body was preventing her from falling asleep. She didn't notice Natsu's slight movements, followed along by him waking up.

He looked at Lucy, her laying on her back and staring at the ceiling. He placed his hand softly on her belly, rubbing it lightly.

"Hey, why are you still awake?" He tiredly murmured. She sighed. "I can't sleep." She whispered back, not making eye contact with him. He held onto her comfortingly.

"Do you want some water?" He asked her. She nodded slightly, not saying anything. He smiled softly before getting up, heading to the kitchen downstairs. He quietly got a glass and filled it with water, bringing it back upstairs.

It was much more silent than before. The moment he stepped back into the room, and found Lucy fast asleep. He smiled and placed the glass on the side table, crawling back into bed with her. He kissed her forehead and snuggled up to her, falling back to sleep easily.

Time Skip🕑The Next Day

Lucy woke up, tired and groggy. Natsu's arms were wrapped around her, making her feel safe. She then remembered she had to go to a therapy appointment today. She checked the time, knowing if she missed the appointment, Natsu would hold her accountable for it.

She noticed that it was 1pm. Natsu had told her that it was at 4, so she had some time to herself. She went to bathroom quickly as her bladder was killing her and then went down to the kitchen.

She looked around, trying to find something to eat. Haru came down into the kitchen to join her. She noticed her browsing through the cupboards, and rubbed her back in comfort. Lucy looked behind her and found Haru there.

They smiled at each other. "What do you want to eat?" She asked, assuming whatever she wanted would be at the store. She looked at her, showing no emotion. "Donuts please." Haru sighed at her expression and smiled, nodding.

Haru grabbed her keys and headed out. "I'll be back." Lucy nodded as Haru stepped out the door, shutting it behind her. Lucy sighed and got a cup, filling it with water. She got startled by hands wrapping around her waist tightly. She immediately knew it was Natsu.

She looked at him and hit his arm playfully.  "You scared me." Natsu chuckled and kissed her neck softly. "I'm sorry." He let her go and walked up next to her. "So you hungry?" He asked her. "Haru's going to get donuts." He nodded. "What do you wanna do while we wait?" She thought about it for a moment.

"We could watch a show." He nodded, agreeing with that decision. They put on WandaVision and watched as the time passed. Haru had gotten back a while ago and they were just enjoying the show.

After a few episodes, Natsu noticed that it was now 3:30pm. He grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Lucy gave him a dirty look. "I was watching that, you know." Natsu had an obvious look on his face. "I know that. You have an appointment with a psychiatrist in half an hour." She sighed in discomfort. Natsu placed a hand on her shoulder.