Epilogue

Normal POV

It's been 5 years since Lucy gave birth to her daughter. She was now pregnant with her son, who they decided to name Luke. Her sister-in-law, Haru had moved out and in with her now fiance Rogue. Natsu was in their bedroom, asleep.

Lucy was in the kitchen, making her daughters lunch, when Nashi spoke up. "Hey mommy?" She said. Lucy finished her sandwich and brought it out to her. "Yes honey? What is it?"

"Have you ever told me about grandpa? The one my middle name is after?" Lucy was surprised by her daughters sudden question. She had never asked about him before. It brought back memories she didn't know had disappeared. She smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"How about I tell you when you finish your lunch?" Nashi smiled sweetly, immediately digging into her food. Lucy chuckled lightly before stepping back into the kitchen. She felt someone's hands snake around her waist. She smiled and continued making her food as Natsu kissed her neck gently.

"Good to see you too." He chuckled and spun her around, kissing her lips softly. Lucy smiled in the kiss. Their moment was interrupted by someone's disgust. "Ew, gross!" Their daughter said as she entered the kitchen with her plate.

Lucy chuckled and slipped from Natsu's grasp, heading over to her. "Finished already?" She asked her, taking the plate and washing it in the sink. "I'm really excited to hear about grandpa!" She shouted. Natsu was shocked. He looked over at Lucy, as if asking, 'What's she talking about?' Lucy giggled and patted his shoulder.

"I promised that once she ate her lunch, I would tell her about my dad." He looked at her, concerned. "Don't worry. I can handle it. It's been 5 years now." Natsu sighed and nodded, smiling. Lucy turned around to face her daughter.

"Can you go upstairs and grab your coat? We're going somewhere." She had the soft, gentle tone she always had with Nashi. Natsu thought it was adorable. Nashi nodded and ran up to her bedroom to get her things.

Lucy dug through a box in the basement. It had a bunch of reminiscing objects from hers and her father's past. She pulled out a group of photos taken from when she was a child herself to before she married Natsu. She looked through them, smiling brightly.

She put the box back, taking the few pictures and heading back upstairs. She grabbed her coat as Natsu grabbed the keys. Thankfully, this time Lucy didn't get motion sickness from the pregnancy. She had a feeling this baby would be more like her, as Nashi was a daddy's girl.

Nashi came running down the stairs, excited to see where they would go. She ran to the car, opening the door and getting in her seat. Natsu worked on starting the car whilst Lucy helped buckle her in her car seat.

Once she was buckled, they drove off the the mystery area. It was the Magnolia Cemetery. Lucy sighed, nervous to be back here. She hadn't gone to visit her father in about 3 years. She talks to him every night, but never at the source.

Natsu noticed her nervousness and gently placed a hand on her thigh reassuringly. Lucy smiled sweetly in response.

Once they arrived, they got out of the car. Lucy helped Nashi out as Natsu locked the car. He made sure to grab the photos before it.

As they walked through, the both of them held Nashi's hands. She lightly swung herself around in her parents arms. They eventually arrived at his gravestone.

It read, 'Here lies Jude Heartfilia. Father, husband, friend. 1976-2021. May he R.I.P'

Lucy's eyes teared up at the sight of her father's grave. Natsu wiped away her tears, smiling reassuringly. She smiled back and looked down at Nashi as she sat on the ground. The both of them joined her, focusing on the grave before them.

Nashi looked up at her parents. "Is this grandpa?" She asked curiously. Lucy nodded and looked at Natsu. He took out the photos from his pocket and handed them to Lucy. She began looking through them, showing Nashi as well.

"You're grandpa was one of my favorite people in the world. I was a daddy's girl, just like you. He was always there for me." She showed her the memories as she spoke. She got to a picture of her on her 5th birthday.

"See that? That's mommy. I was your age in this picture. That year, I had lost my pet turtle, shelly. I was so sad, but my dad got me a little doll. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen in my life. She reminded me of you younger cousin, Michelle. She was 1 at the time. I decided to name her after her. I loved her so much."

Another picture came up. Lucy was going to her first school dance. She was in 6th grade. "In this picture, I was going to my very first dance. My crush at the time had asked me to go with him. I was so happy. But at the dance I realized he was going with a lot of other girls. I was broken hearted. My father, however had taken all the precautions and had comforted me the rest of the night."

One of Lucy's favorite memories came up. It was the day her and Natsu got married. "This is when daddy and I got married. My dad was sick. We had made sure the wedding would happen before he had passed." Lucy began tearing up as she explained.

"My dad had cancer. I wanted him to be there so bad that your dad and I decided to have the wedding a week after I found out about my father's sickness. He was able to walk me down the aisle, have the father-daughter dance, and make a speech about the both of us. To this day, I am so happy we got married so soon. I'm glad my father was able to be there on the best day of my life. Well, besides the day you were born of course." She tickled her lightly.

Lucy was crying now. However, they were tears of joy. Reminiscing on those amazing memories was a good decision. Natsu rubbed Lucy's back lightly. "Grandpa sounds awesome. I wish I got to meet him." Nashi said in a hyper voice. Natsu chuckled lightly.

"Don't worry, honey. Even if you don't know it, he's always watching over you. He loves you very much. You'll see him. Though, it won't be for a long while. You still have to live your life." Lucy stroked her cheek lightly. Nashi fell into the comfort of her mother's warm palm. She pulled both her parents into a tight group hug.

"I love you mommy and daddy." Nashi whispered, small tears filling her eyes. "We love you too. We will make great memories, just like these ones. Especially when your little brother gets here." Lucy stated. They all laughed slightly. Natsu looked up at Lucy, his eyes locked with hers. "I love you Lucy Dragneel." She smiled and kissed him deeply. "I love you Natsu Dragneel."

The End

Hey guys! I seriously tried not to cry as I wrote this. I'm hoping you guys enjoyed it. This series is officially over, so don't ask me if I'm gonna make it a trilogy. Now I'll be working on finishing 'Bad Boys and Good Girls', so to those who are reading that, you'll get your content from that. Thank you all for joining me on this journey. I'll see you guys later!

Peace out!✌️