Luck

Yeeun POV

It was finally Friday. The students came into class one by one, discussing their final thoughts before walking up to the bucket and placing their slips in. The bell rang and everyone scurried to their seats as Mrs. Lim walked in.

"Alright, let's go ahead and tally up the results," she said as she picked up the bucket. She wrote our names on the board before she began taking the slips out and tallying them one by one.

I surprisingly had more votes than I imagined. With everyone gossiping throughout the week, I assumed no more than 5 people would vote for me. We ended up being tied before Mrs. Lim unfolded the last slip. The room was filled with suspense since no one knew what to expect at this point.

"Congratulations! Our class president for this year will be Kim Seungmin," Mrs. Lim announced as she turned to face the class. Everyone clapped and exchanged glances as if they knew what the outcome would be.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. What am I going to tell mom?

"Don't worry, you're the only one I'll listen to," Minho reassured as he patted me on the back.

After school

I opened the door slowly before carefully taking off my shoes. I looked around to see if my mom was home and swiftly headed towards the stairs.

"Song Yeeun, stop right there," my mom said from the kitchen.

Shit. I turned around and made my way to her. Once I entered the kitchen, my mother was standing in front of me with her hands on her hips, slightly frowning.
"Yes?" I smiled.

"You didn't make it?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well..."

"I'll take that as a no. Go upstairs and start packing," she demanded.

"Mom, I—"

"I don't want to hear it, go."

"But what if I keep my rank up? Would you let me stay here," I begged.

"What did I just say?" She glared.

I let out a sigh before dragging myself upstairs and throwing myself onto the bed. I took out my phone and texted Jiyeon.

-
Jiyeon

Yeeun
It's over

Jiyeon
She said no?

Yeeun
She won't even listen to me

Yeeun
Plus she's in a bad mood

Yeeun
Idk what to do

Jiyeon
Should I go over there and beg her?

Yeeun
And if that doesn't work?

Jiyeon
Don't worry it will

-

The screen suddenly changed as I received a call.

Incoming call from Wonhyuk
accept | decline

I quickly answered before messaging Jiyeon.

-
Jiyeon

Yeeun
Give me a sec