Encounter

Seungmin POV

After we split up, Yeeun and I walked aimlessly through the mall. I followed as she passed each shop, not giving them a chance. Is she upset because she wants to be with Wonhyuk? I cleared my throat, hoping to get her attention. "Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" I asked.

"Home." She replied without sparing me a glance. I figured it was still a miracle that she answered me. I thought about what I should say to lighten up the mood but nothing came to mind.

Just as I was about to give up, a thought crossed my mind. "Why don't we buy a matching item? Then we wouldn't have to think about what to get," I suggested.

"Why would we buy matching items?" She asked, not fond of the idea.

"I mean friends do things like that too, there's no need to give it so much thought," I answered thinking it might be problematic for her relationship.

She suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to face me. "You want to be friends now?" She raised a brow slightly.

"Uh-I..."

She held a hand up to stop me from going on. "Alright, we can be friends," she gave me a slight smile before pointing to a shop nearby. "Let's go there, they have a variety of options.

We walked into the shop and looked around for anything that caught our eye. Yeeun disappeared as I was looking through a few shelves, which made me panic.
"Yeeun?" I called out, looking around the shop. I walked around the whole shop but couldn't find her. "Where did she go?" I mumbled in frustration as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Hey, look what I found," a familiar voice said as they tapped me on the shoulder. I quickly spun around to see Yeeun calmly looking at set of phone cases in her hand.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Where have you been? I was looking for you," I said.

She pointed to a small section not very far from where we stood. "Relax, I'm not gonna leave," she said as she handed me a case.

I took it from her questioningly. "Do you not like it? We can always look for different ones," she said as she reached for the case in my hand.

I shook my head as I pulled it closer to me, "I was just wondering why you chose phone cases."

She shrugged. "Wonhyuk took mine so I need a new one. Let's go then," she gestured towards the register and I followed.

Once we purchased the phone cases, she quickly put it on her phone and admired it. "I like it," she smiled. Cute.

What's wrong with you Kim Seungmin? I immediately looked away, trying to clear my thoughts. "Aren't you going to put on yours? You're the one who suggested we get matching items," Yeeun spoke as we walked out of the shop.

"O-oh, right..." I clumsily fumbled with my phone as Yeeun watched me. For some reason I couldn't function correctly so she ended up taking the phone out of my hand and helped me replace the case.

"Was it that hard?" She asked as she handed my phone back to me.

I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly and her lips formed a small smile before she turned away. Before I noticed, she was already far ahead of me. Afraid I might lose her, I quickly jogged to catch up to her. "So where are we going?" I asked once I was at her side.

She glanced at me as a thinking expression appeared on her face. "I don't know. We can just walk around until it's time to meet up with the others," she shrugged.

"Then can we stop by a restroom? I've been holding it in for a while," I let out a nervous laugh hoping she wouldn't get annoyed.

To my surprise she nodded before looking for the nearest restroom. She turned to me as we approached one. "I'll wait here," she said.

"Thank you!" I blurted out as I hurriedly made my way into the restroom.

After finishing my business and washing my hands, I was about to open the door when I heard voices from the other side. I was slightly confused until I heard Yeeun's voice. "Who's she talking to?" I mumbled.

Yeeun POV

As I was waiting for Seungmin to finish using the restroom, a small group of people I dreaded to see walked up to me.

"Well, well, if it isn't Song Yeeun," one of the girls smirked. I rolled my eyes earning a scoff from her. "Don't think you can give me that attitude just because Wonhyuk broke up with me." At least there's something he can do right.

"What do you want?" I deadpanned. She stretched her arm out, annoyingly playing with a portion of my hair with her fingers. I fought back the temptation to swat her hand away. She got closer to me, whispering, "Don't be so moody just because Hyunwoo left you for me."

That's it. I didn't plan on getting on her level, but she asked for it. I flicked her hand away, glaring at her. "How dare you assume he's the one who broke up with me? Also, you wouldn't have accepted him if Wonhyuk didn't break up with you," I smirked. Kim Seungmin you better hurry up.

She flinched, taken aback by my words. She stuttered a bit trying to come up with something to say, but failed. Before she even had the chance to think of something, Seungmin appeared by my side. "Yeeun? Should we go now?" Took you long enough.

"Let's go," I smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the annoyance that stood before us.

"Hey! Song Yeeun, who said I was done talking to you!" She yelled.

I turned to look at her for a split second. "Stop causing a scene in public and go find your beloved boyfriend." I wasn't sure where I was taking Seungmin, but I just wanted to get as far away from them as I could. I spotted a fountain nearby and remembered that Wonhyuk said we'd meet there. Considering we already finished buying what we had to, I thought it'd be better to just wait for the others there.

"Yeeun—" Seungmin started before getting cut off.

"Woah, woah, woah, Song Yeeun!" I stopped walking and turned my head to be met with a smirking Wonhyuk. Hyunjin, who was at his side, dramatically gasped which made me furrow my brows.

I had forgotten I'd taken hold of Seungmin's hand until I felt him quickly pull it away. "Sorry, I forgot," I apologized as I looked at him.

Wonhyuk came beside me and started poking my shoulder repeatedly. "Is there anything you'd like to share?"

I shook my head, "Nope, not at all."

He hummed in response. "Then what about that little scene we just saw? You know, you and Seungmin holding hands," he wriggled his brows.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault! I shouldn't have asked to use the restroom," Seungmin blurted. Wonhyuk looked at him in confusion. "Please don't get mad at Yeeun, there's nothing to misunderstand." He continued nervously.

He looked at Seungmin questioningly. "Why would I get mad?" He let out a sigh before continuing, "Don't tell me you still think I'm Yeeun's boyfriend? I thought I told Felix to clarify it for me."

Since when did he talk to Felix?
Seungmin looked at us in shock. "You're not dating?!"