Acquaintances

A/N: Technically it's still Minho's bday for me so happy birthday to best boy lee know 😂🤍🤍🤍
___________________________________

Yeeun POV

I didn't bake often, nor did I cook. I was actually nervous about volunteering since I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out better than I thought.

It took Seungmin and I a while to understand the equipment and ingredients before we finally started. "Have you baked before?" I asked as I grabbed the mixing bowl.

He thought for a moment. "I've seen Felix bake but I've never done it myself."

I nodded, understanding that he probably knew as much as I did, if not less. "Alright, let's just follow the instructions then."

I giggled, watching as he clumsily fumbled with the measuring cups. He turned to me, his cheeks a slight shade of pink. "Are you hot?" I asked.

He looked at me confused and I pointed at my cheek. "Your cheeks are pink."

They seemed to get darker as he began fanning himself, avoiding eye contact. I didn't think much of it and started mixing the ingredients together before pouring the mixture into the pan.

We steadily got through all the pans. Jiyeon and Felix finished earlier than we did, so they helped the teacher take the pans to the oven.

I jumped in joy as we filled our last pan. "We did it!" I turned to Seungmin holding both of my hands up for a high-five. He put his hands out and I repeatedly high-fived him out of excitement.

I hadn't realized how comfortable and relaxed I felt until I saw him smiling back at me. I cleared my throat before putting my hands down quickly, and turning away.

I smoothed out my apron before picking up the pan. "We should take this to the others," I glanced at him before scurrying away. Why did I get so excited? He probably thinks I'm weird now.

After all the pans were put into the oven, we began cleaning the room. I wiped down the table as Seungmin cleared it. "So are we done after this?" Seungmin asked.

"The teacher said that after the brownies are done, we'll package them. We can leave after that," Felix answered from across the room.

"I can't believe it's only been an hour," Jiyeon sighed, "It feels like it's been days."

"You barely did anything," I commented.

She sent me a playful glare, "I stood here, that takes plenty of effort."

I chuckled at her response, shaking my head as we finished cleaning the area. As we sat down, the teacher came in with trays of brownies lined on a cart.

"Alright children, here's the first cart. Go ahead and take a few trays to your table. They should be cooled down by now. The packaging for the treats should be under the desk," she smiled before heading out to get the rest.

I stood up to get a few trays but stopped as Seungmin grabbed onto my arm. "I'll get them. You can get the packaging."

I didn't argue and made my way to the desk that had the boxes of packaging peeking out from under it. I carefully picked up a box before carrying it back to our table.

Since the box was filled with lightweight bags, it wasn't heavy. I placed it on our table before opening it to see a bunch of small baggies with a handful of ribbon on the side.

I looked up at Seungmin before taking everything out of the box. "Would you like to package them or tie the ribbons?"

"I'll put them in the bags, you can tie them," he replied as he took a seat.

I nodded approvingly before grabbing a stack of bags and placing them in front of him. I grabbed the bundle of ribbon and took a seat next to him.

He waited for me to sit before he began placing the brownies into the bag. I quickly sealed each bag with a bow as Seungmin passed them to me.

This process continued until we eventually ran out of trays.

I stretched a bit as Seungmin finished putting all our baggies back into the box. "We're finally done," I let out a breath feeling drained.

As the teacher came in, Seungmin and Felix helped her move the boxes to the room the event would be held in.

Jiyeon and I decided to tidy up while we waited for them to return.

"So Yeeun, what do you think of Seungmin?" Jiyeon glanced at me as she adjusted the chairs at the table.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on. One second you hate him and the next you're all comfy. Something happened didn't it?" She said as if it was obvious.

I mean we are acquaintances now right?
"We cleared up some things when we volunteered. I guess you could say we're acquaintances, but I still don't like him."

"Mhm, sure. You're telling me you could genuinely smile around someone you don't like? I don't believe it."

"He's still a rival to me," I said in a convincing tone. I wasn't trying to convince Jiyeon, rather I was trying to persuade myself that he'd always just be a rival.

There was a small knock at the door and we turned to see who it was. "Are you guys ready to go?" Felix asked as he stood outside the room.

"Yeah," Jiyeon replied as we picked up our backpacks.

As we were walking towards the door, I saw a bag lying on the desk. Is it Seungmin's? I don't think he took it with him earlier. "Hey Felix, did Seungmin leave his bag here?" I pointed at it.

He looked in the direction I was pointing and nodded. "I guess he forgot. He stopped by the restroom so he should be here soon."

I looked at it for a moment before deciding to take it for him. I followed Jiyeon out of the classroom before turning the lights off and closing the door.

I turned around to see Seungmin jogging down the hall. "You brought my bag for me?" He questioned in shock as he stopped in front of me.

"It would be rude to leave it there. Plus we have to go, I didn't do it because I wanted to, okay," I quickly shoved the bag into his chest as he wrapped his arms around it.

"Whatever you say," he chuckled.

Why am I being nice to him anyway? I know I said he's my rival but he's making it hard for me to be indifferent.