third year-chapter four

"Shit." Harry muttered. Professor McGonagall, the head of Gryffindor House and perhaps the strictest teacher ever, just called us into her office.

"We just walked into the castle! We didn't even come on a stolen flying car!" Harry said.

"Oh calm down, Harry, she probably just wants to talk to us about something. It doesn't necessarily mean we did something wrong." Hermione quipped, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, cause' when has she wanted us over for tea and coffee?" Harry mumbled into my ear, I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon."I said, gently guiding his arm to the office, now me being the one walking backwards.

"There's no need to look so worried -- I just want a word in my office," she told us. ("Yeah, right." Harry mumbled into my ear. ((Hermione smirked)) ) "Move along there, Weasley."

Ron stared as Professor McGonagall ushered us away from the chattering crowd; we accompanied her across the entrance hall, up the marble staircase; and along a corridor.

Once we were in her office, a small room with a large welcoming fire, Professor McGonagall motioned us to sit down. She settled herself behind her desk and said abruptly, "Professor Lupin sent an owl ahead to say that you and L/N were taken ill on the train, Potter."

Before Harry or I could reply, there was a soft knock and Madam Pomfrey, the nurse came bustling in.

I felt my face heating up, it was bad enough that Malfoy made fun of us without everyone making all this fuss.

"I'm fine," Harry said, "I don't need anything."

"Me too," I spoke up, "I'm fine--"

"Oh it's you both, isn't it?" said Madam Pomfrey, ignoring this, and bending down to stare closely at our faces. "I suppose you, L/N and Potter have been doing something dangerous again? L/N did you fall unconscious again?"

"It was a dementor, Poppy." said Professor McGonagall.

They exchanged a dark look, and Madam Pomfrey sucked her front teeth disapprovingly.

"Setting dementors around a school," she muttered, pushing back mine and Harry's fringe to feels our foreheads. "They won't be the lasts one who collapses. Yes, he's all clammy. Terrible things, they are, and the effect they have on people who are delicate--"

"I'm not delicate!" I said, along with Harry.

"Of course." said Madam Pomfrey absentmindedly, now checking my pulse.

"What do they need?" said Professor McGonagall crisply. "Best rest? Should they perhaps spend tonight in the hospital wing?"

"We're fine!" I said, jumping up. The though of what Pansy (pugface) Parkinson and Draco (douchebag) Malfoy would say and do to me and Harry when they find out we went to the hospital wing on the first day was torture.

"Well, they should have some chocolate, at the very least," said Madam Pomfrey, now checking the dilation of my pupils.

"We've already has some," said Harry. "Professor Lupin already gave us some, he gave it to all of us."

"Did he now?" said Madam Pomfrey approvingly. "So we've finally got a DADA teacher who knows his remedies?"

"Are you sure you're feeling alright, Potter, L/N?" Professor McGonagall asked sharply.

"Yes" said Harry.

"Very well. Kindly wait outside while I have a quick word with Miss Granger and L/N about their course schedule, then we can go down to the feast together."