third year-chapter thirteen

an: back from the dead😎😎😎

"Doesn't that require a kiss?"

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

THIRD-PERSON:

Harry knew that Hermione had meant well, but that didn't stop him from being angry with her. Y/N wasn't angry with her, she was just mostly upset that she was brought into this whole mess. She was also upset that some man was obsessed with killing two thirteen-year-olds. Y/N cared about Hermione as if she were her own sister, this tiny thing didn't affect her much. She would manage flying with the old brooms in storage. 

Ron was furious with Hermione. As far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand-new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage. Hermione, who remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the common room. Harry and Ron supposed she had taken refuge in the library and didn't try to persuade her to come back. Y/N and Hermione had started going down to Hagrid's to talk or have tea occasionally, and for the remainder of the Holidays, they went to his hut at midday and left at dusk. 

Y/N's crush remained, for better or worse, she didn't know. All she knew was how much she hated his stupid hair. And face. And nose. 

She was never going to get over this crush. 

Wood sought Y/N and Harry out on the night before term started. 

"Had a good Christmas?" he said, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry, Y/N. After the last match, you know. If the dementors come to the next one . . . I mean . . . we can't afford you both to - well -"

Wood broke off, looking awkward. 

"Faint again?" Y/N asked, crossing her arms and sucking her teeth.

"Er - well, yes," he said uncomfortably, shifting on his feet. 

"Working on it," said Harry quickly. "Professor Lupin said he'd train us to ward off dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time off after Christmas."

"Ah," said Wood, his expression clearing. "Well, in that case - I really didn't want to lose you both as players. And have you ordered new brooms yet?"

"No," said Harry. 

"What! You'd better get a move on, you know - you can't ride the Shooting Stars against Ravenclaw!"